Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What's lacking on Dnforum.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, the purpose of this post is to see what people think is/are lacking on Dnforum. I know we have a 'suggestion' area but I do think this would serve for more active discussions. In any event, here's my thoughts to get things rolling...

I think one thing that would be quite beneficial to this forum and us all is having more promotions/contests other then a discount for going premium or NFL pool.

I would love to see the exclusive area updated with new 'news' and tools or even comments and sales/wanted post.

I would like to actually receive a newsletter once in a while.

I would really like to see an increased posting from members who have been in the industry for ages yet simply lurk in the background as Gold members with 6 or so postings since 2003.

I would like to see the arcade reinitialized.... come on... yes we're adults (majority of us)... but there's nothing like having the choice of a little Pac Man here or there :eek:k:

I would also like to see Dnforum be greener. Since I've been here I'm not sure I've read anything on charitable givings or a green focus ideology (could be wrong but have not seen it).

Obviously this post is only to better this great resource that we have and I hope collectively we can come up with ideas that are instrumental in growth.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Upvote 0

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would only consider agreeing to such a proposal here, if Sedo "co-signed" it.

and to your promo of that push site...

those that use or want a "push to auction" and are satisified with selling their names for $60 when they don't get any other bids, could just sell them here for $55 and save paying Sedo the commission fee's.

good luck though to that "innovator" :)

Well I wasn't promoting their site.... just the concept and the facts. Possibly they could sell the name for $55 here or maybe just lowball $15 offers is all they can get. Of course that name could sell for $500 via Sedo (maybe not).

From PTA stats since their conception
Completed: 317
Total Sales: $100,858
Average Sale: $318

Whether Sedo "co-signed" it or not is irrelevant. If they were smart and wanted to be helpful to buyers/sellers - Sedo should be doing it on their own.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's lacking on DNForum.com

imo is...

the lack of respect that some members have for others, especially those who claim to be "well respected" in the community.

they think that because they've been here for a few years, got plenty of TR points and lots of posts that they can disrespect others personally or disrespect forum rules because of the stature they "think" they have here.

And, I thought you liked me?

:disappointed:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many forums have multiple stickies having rules in each for the thread. My improvement would be to clean them up to one sticky per forum and have all the rules in the first post of the thread.

It's a hassle to have to read each sticky if you are looking for a particular rule.

Just a thought

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I wasn't promoting their site.... just the concept and the facts. Possibly they could sell the name for $55 here or maybe just lowball $15 offers is all they can get. Of course that name could sell for $500 via Sedo (maybe not).

From PTA stats
since their conception
Completed: 317
Total Sales: $100,858
Average Sale: $318

Whether Sedo "co-signed" it or not is irrelevant. If they were smart and wanted to be helpful to buyers/sellers - Sedo should be doing it on their own.

since Sedo is sponsored here, then I think it is relevant.

that's just the courteous thing to do...imo

also, because of DNF's weight in the community... if Sedo did co-sign it they might also consider giving DNF'ers some extra exposure that they wouldn't even consider for a start-up.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's lacking is a distinction between whether DNF is a community or a business.

Now, I know many will say it's 'Both' - but to ask, if DNF was more 1 than the other - then which would it be?

Is DNF designed/promoted to be a Community first and foremost or a Business?

I ask this in hopes of opening thoughtful dialog about this, as I have observed, DNF appears to put their Business ahead of the Community sometimes, and I would be interested to hear from DNF, and maybe DCG, what his vision and purpose of DNF is?

Knowing this will allow me, and I am sure others, to know how best to use and support DNF.

[PS: Again, I understand if Admin delete my Post again for a 3rd time (or is it 4th - ahh, who's counting anyways) and do not want to discuss this issue.]

I believe in the spirit of communication and community - this is a worthy discussion.

Carpe Peaciem!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's lacking is a distinction between whether DNF is a community or a business.

Now, I know many will say it's 'Both' - but to ask, if DNF was more 1 than the other - then which would it be?

I ask this in hopes of opening thoughtful dialog about this, as I have observed, DNF appears to put their Business ahead of the Community sometimes, and I would be interested to hear from DNF, and maybe DCG, what his vision and purpose of DNF is?

Knowing this will allow me, and I am sure others, to know how best to use and support DNF.

[PS: Again, I understand if Admin delete my Post again for a 3rd time (or is it 4th - ahh, who's counting anyways) and do not want to discuss this issue.]

I believe in the spirit of communication and community - this is a worthy discussion.

Carpe Peaciem!

Hi

i can't answer for Adam but for us, i think dnf is a business community, period.

the forum was established for the purpose of trading domains, which has become an industry.

for Adam personally, it may be a business entity, because the forum makes money and has expenses.

but because he and we also are a part of the community and the industry, it remains in his best interest to keep the platform open.

i'm sure that it would remain so as long as the community is thriving, along with the industry.

i hope that shed some light until Adam responds.

imo...

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Carpe Peaciem!

An extremely valid point. In my opinion dnforum is more so a business then a community building medium (which I might add is fine). I come to dnforum for downright sales and partnership. I go to NP when I want discussion from individuals of various types/topics and I go to DS well, when I have nothing better to do as it a great subtle escape with some really smart and sharp domainers in the background. I value your point because it makes sense. There is that air on DNF that lingers and its bifurcated standpoint does leave enough to be wanted though not enough to stay away from.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF still and always has been a place for domainers to do business.

I think you can have a successful community while at the same time running it as a business.

Most people that come here are looking to make a profit.

-=DCG=-

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that when I click a thread, and go "back", I start at the top again, not where I left off, just a little peeve.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless I am totally off my rocker and am missing something, I would like to see a feature where you could delete an old thread entirely so it can be gone, gone, gone... I really don't like finding threads on AdamDicker.com or Bizmp.com and a few others when I exclusively posted them on DNF. I understand being picked up by SE's but when threads are duplicated to make content for other sites, I really think that is wrong. I would like to be able to delete some of my old threads. My 2 cents...

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to see exclusive members have a significant distinction from platinum or gold members.

I realize i am a platinum member, but i am platinum for a reason. I think if the exclusive membership entailed having a higher prestige, which gave them significantly more benefits it would get more people to upgrade.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Supposedly us exclusive members can start as many threads as we like on each sales category. That's what Biggedon keeps telling but I have yet to see a link to that rule.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's great Acro ;) but is that a reason for members to upgrade their memberships?

I think it's time the exclusive membership goes down to a discount price and possibly a new membership status above exclusive is formed. (one with actual perks)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I became exclusive in order to have a signature image. I think that's enough motivation in a lot of cases.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It could be, if you're capable of making your own images.

I'm having trouble with a unique avatar.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless I am totally off my rocker and am missing something, I would like to see a feature where you could delete an old thread entirely so it can be gone, gone, gone... I really don't like finding threads on AdamDicker.com or Bizmp.com and a few others when I exclusively posted them on DNF. I understand being picked up by SE's but when threads are duplicated to make content for other sites, I really think that is wrong. I would like to be able to delete some of my old threads. My 2 cents...

Well - I do agree with the fact that threads posted here and are shown elsewhere should not be done - they "can't be edited". If you post a price on a domain you have for sale and later decide to increase your price - your old price is shown elsewhere and can't be edited (unlike here at dnforum). That goes for domains you purchased here that you would rather not let other people know what you purchased it for (which is why people edit their posts with .........).

Hostnode.com is one that I particularly want to see gone!

Last edited:

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well - I do agree with the fact that threads posted here and are shown elsewhere should not be done - they "can't be edited". If you post a price on a domain you have for sale and later decide to increase your price - your old price is shown elsewhere and can't be edited (unlike here at dnforum). That goes for domains you purchased here that you would rather not let other people know what you purchased it for (which is why people edit their posts with .........).

Agreed that sucks,

A level above executive would be cool - what do we want at this level?

A couple ideas:

-30 min to 1hr meetings with top people in the industry?

-Access to certain specific domain groups and lists (maybe daily or weekly lists)?

-Access to a buyers group that uses funds added to the group and some funds already earned by dnf (through ads and fees)

-Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators