Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's the current best way to deal with spammers? Comodo.com spamming me repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm now getting HARRASSING spam from Comodo.com. Apparently their business is so deep in the toilet they have resorted to spamming.

Here are a few of their 'hgih priority' spams:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:27 AM
To: (my email)
Subject: (domain)
Importance: High

I know you have recently purchased the above domain.

Because the domain is new, I am able to offer SSL encryption, trust marks, and vulnerability scanning at special prices that are not available on the Comodo site.

Would you like me to send over some prices?

Respectfully,

Aaron Dlugash
Business Development Executive
C O M O D O
Direct Dial US: 201.253.1631
Fax US: +1 866-405-5816
[email protected]
MSN Messenger: [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:42 AM

when was the last time you were able to respond directly to a SPAMMER? when was the last time a SPAMMER gave you his direct phone number. This is not spam, this is marketing. If you need SSL Certs or vulnerability scanning, or code signing- I can offer it at a discount for new customers. If not - that's ok too. Let me know.

Aaron Dlugash
Business Development Executive -
C O M O D O
[email protected]
Creating Trust Online

Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:35 AM

We are a certificate authority just like Verisign. We are 2nd largest in the world, although according to Google we are bigger than Verisign is.

We all have the same business practices when it comes to hunting for new business. The same can be said for Thawte, GeoTrust, and GoDaddy.

Are they on the blacklists too?

Actually, chances are we provide some of those blacklist sites with their certificates. My guess is they already know us pretty well.

But hey, I do appreciate your motivation and commitment to making the internet a safer, cleaner place. That's our goal too.

Aaron Dlugash
Business Development Executive -
C O M O D O
[email protected]
Creating Trust Online
=================

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got another email from them -- Now he's threatening to "call his lawyers" of anything negative is posted about him and his spamming operation. Classic!

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL wow... *posts something negative about his spamming*... *waits for the lawyers call* :D

What a nut.

Ceqix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly bro, I would just mark as spam and not worry about it or just tell him no thanks. It just looks like bad marketing. Its only fair to see what you emailed him as well before anyone jumps on the harassment wagon. It just looks like he was replying to your emails. No offense by the way, I'm not a fan of spam either.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reply back with something very simple ... "Not interested. Stop emailing me."

And then set your spam filter to dump any future emails from that sender / domain.

I'd suggest having this thread deleted - not sure if DNF does that ... a reason many folks asking legal questions post on NPros, because one can edit / delete out text on their legal forum, but I digress.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom