Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who else uses GoDaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use GD and I have approximately 300 domains. Don't sell any unless something comes up so it works well for me. I use Namecheap for about 50 names too. I usually shop around between the two when they have specials.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi jdk,

what's the rate you get for reg .com names with 300 names?

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
GD is led by self-righteous bible-thumpers so no hope for them changing their tune. Sometimes I regret helping them out locating the gaping security hole they had 4 years ago in their ordering system

About 11 years ago I bought a Bible program for Windows 3.1 from a company called Colonnade Technologies. I contacted their technical support about a bug and never got a response. The founder of this company later started GoDaddy so I have stayed away from GoDaddy

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All depends. Last night I registered 40 more.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been forced to renew domain @ Gogaddy now, not only it cost 9.2 USD, and I had to go via x pages with bullshit offers only naive person will accept, but also they forced me to open a "Inkaso" line to my Paypal account, so they can take whenever they want upto $500 from my Paypal account. When I tried to cancel that, it gives me error. I think the only persons, using Godaddy is those, they never tried another registrar, where is everything easy, quick and smooth. Recently when is ee somebody selling domain @ GS, I think very hard, if I want take the hassle to go via their "10 pages push". Domainsite gives everybody $6.99 and they do not try screw me like Godaddy does (with all those offe Iam sure from time to time s lot of people order something ny mistake).

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wonder2010 said:
They must be some reason that they are world's no.1 registrar.

Only in terms of total number of domain registrations currently held. It remains
to be seen how a registrar will be considered "the world's no. 1" objectively
speaking.

At least 2 bad things about them:

1. If Go Daddy doesn't get a response from any of a domain's contacts after
some time (5 days, I think) regarding a spam complaint, they'll shut the name
down...even if it's not using Go Daddy's nameservers.

This almost happened to one internet marketer I know. It turns out the spam
complaint came from one of her confirmed opt-ins. (those who subscribed to
her mailing list and confirmed it...)

I eventually moved my domain out because of that. It never happened to me
during the time my domain was there, but why risk it?

2. They have at least 2 "hidden" charges they don't specify in their legal fine
prints: one for not completely complying with their WHOIS query after some
time ($9.95), and another for receiving a legal query like a UDRP notice ($29).

While Go Daddy may view them as reasonable administrative costs, why not
specify them so people will at least be aware?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
I have been forced to renew domain @ Gogaddy now, not only it cost 9.2 USD, and I had to go via x pages with bullshit offers only naive person will accept

I do agree with you with the x number of sales pages. They have a new feature now where you can check saying you are an expert registering domains and it takes you directly to your cart.

However, I am going to shop around at other places to find a better price. Although, I have never had a problem with them when pushing, receiving, transferring, registering, etc. Very painless compared to stories of other registar's who tend to "hold" your names if you do not cross your t'd or dot your i's.

siaver

Domain Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use godaddy for about 500 domains, I've had no major problems and am generally quite happy with them. There are a few tools that would be nice to have sometimes but nothing I can't live without.

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I only have 20 or 30 domains with Godaddy, I have to admit that I have never had a problem. The only complaint I have is with their new Domain Name Aftermarket. I think what they are doing is not right, but only time will tell.

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with them but have decided to move to namecheap to get away from the ad's as they are beginning to anoy me.

LuckYou

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am using godaddy for most of time ...
and have about 100 domains there...

sorry, one more thing...

and some time

i do use namecheap.com

if anyone knows ...

i am sure people knows...it

cleoziza

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am also using godaddy since the last 3 years.They are my favorites so far.Sometimes I shop around for specials or discounts and most of the time I am facing more horror then satisfaction..except with registerfly. They are my second choice.Of course even with godaddy problems are occuring but still compared to others I must say they are better. The number of sale they have which is the biggest of all other registrar speaks for itself. Doesn't it?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no problems with Godaddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom