Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Another Scandal rocks the domain world as Rick Schwartz outs Chef Patrick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the laughable part of all of this is seeing so many people here thinking that whois "privacy" is somehow supposed to be some sort of impenetrable shield... the fact is that anyone can get the underlying registrant data with very little effort at all, from ANY registrar.

Exactly.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the laughable part of all of this is seeing so many people here thinking that whois "privacy" is somehow supposed to be some sort of impenetrable shield... the fact is that anyone can get the underlying registrant data with very little effort at all, from ANY registrar.
hardly the point being debated.

Point is someone who had access to the information within the organization accessed that information for personal gain.

I worked at a hospital with 16,000 employees. Perhaps 10,000 or more had access to every patients' chart, past and present. Only one that I know of used that information for personal gain...opening credit card accounts in deceased patient's names.

Yeah, that's a crime.

Point is it is not how many have access. It is what those that do have access do with that access.

Any data is never 100% inpenetrable as long as one person has access to it. Any system is only as secure as people make it...or break it.

It's a damn shame somebody pays for something and then someone who has access takes a look-see. Nothing was penetrated, hacked, attacked, broken into, or stolen...

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but i still understand what cartoonz is saying. if we think that whois privacy offers any kind of protection, other than from unsolicited offers, we would be wrong.

it's not like the registrar employees haven't peeked at our info before, it's just that this particular clown chose to draw attention to himself

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but i still understand what cartoonz is saying. if we think that whois privacy offers any kind of protection, other than from unsolicited offers, we would be wrong.

it's not like the registrar employees haven't peeked at our info before, it's just that this particular clown chose to draw attention to himself
Exactly. what is so shocking about this?

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chef did it once on one domain....he didnt breach the CIA for christ's sake......

I'm just a member of the peanut gallery and I have nothing to say other than...most criminals don't get caught the first time they commit a crime. They get caught when they get confident and slip up.

Obviously I'm not comparing CP to Jeff Dahmer or Charles Mason or anything, I'm just saying

Disclaimer: I'm no cop and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night but I took a few crimnology classes back in the day

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Odd how some people see very little wrong with this.

I am the victim of identity theft and credit card fraud.

All because someone who had access to my file used that access.

So to all who think this is no big deal or shrug it off by saying it happens all the time, see how your asses feel when it is you who's ass is put out on the line and your personal information is compromised.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so whatever happened to chef patrick?
came across this old thread by chance
by weird coincidence his last blog post was a year ago tomorrow!
amusingly the post involves two twats. sedo and a real life twat (pussy):smilewinkgrin:
http://www.chefpatrick.com/
(make sure you're 18 or over if clicking link please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom