Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware of the member navpros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we could approach that maverick bounty hunter guy out of Hawaii - forget his moniker...

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up sheva, as you say Greg (navpros) has pulled this same stunt on me. I have dealt with him several times over the last year or two and as such had grown to trust him. When he sent me a pm, very similar to yours, I stupidly agreed to do it so long as he sent me $300 back in the next couple of days. It has now been nearly two months, I have sent him messages for the last two weeks escalating in tone to the angry, yet received no response.
I decided to post in his profile as this would not make the issue public unless he had done it to somebody else. Now I see he has done this and I am f@$king angry. I can live without the $300 but not before I take a gonad in compensation.

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I am not talking about virtual online stuff.
I am talking about hunting criminals in real life. Locate them. Arrest them. Surrender them to the police. Collect the reward. Simple as that.

Your right, and I agree.

The hard part is when USA-Domainer gets scammed by European-Domainer. Who's laws does Euro-Domainer get persecuted under?

And if it was for sums like $300, is the fight worth it?

A step in the right direction but nearly impossible to implement.

A "heads-up" service is definitely easier, but keeping up with such a service could be daunting. There are so many places to be scammed, although the stupid ones do seem to pick the biggest boards.

Maybe a user-submittted type of site, but all submissions would have to be followed up on, and possibly (hopefully) resolved (in means of compensation and/or imprisonment).

Or maybe a service that represents ripped off domainers and helps with the resolution of the situation, a colation of lawyers and domain investors in each country, but collectively one group, to help combat and resolve these types of situations.

The hardest part of all would be getting the domainers to pay attention to such a service.

I don't know, just some quick thoughts. But Arco has the right idea.

-Zh

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I am not talking about virtual online stuff.
I am talking about hunting criminals in real life. Locate them. Arrest them. Surrender them to the police. Collect the reward. Simple as that.

Really, I was thinking the same thing since many days, to get people involved in Europe its not a problem, on the forum there are people that you can trust almost everywhere, so I think that should be not a problem to pay a visit to those people time to time maybe for amount higher than this at least after few visit those people they can start to think twice before to do something.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This Really Sucks..
A Verified/Exclusive Member with more than 4 years here..pulling this crap
Who can you trust ??
G/L
jim

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This Really Sucks..
Who can you trust ??
G/L
jim
With all the scams we've had in 2008 alone I'm wondering whom to trust as well. People will do silly things when they are desperate. Maybe he is, for some reason.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this "person" have an account on other forums too as should be good to advise people overthere too.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this "person" have an account on other forums too as should be good to advise people overthere too.

He does, yes, I have bought and sold from him there. I will collate all tyhe information I have about him together, then if everyone/anyone who Greg owes money to lets me know we can pool resources to get to the bottom of this.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This Really Sucks..
Who can you trust ??
G/L
jim

Very strange indeed. Isnt it possible that his account has been hacked? Sheva / Gingeman, is he writing in the same style as he used to?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Michele have you kick in the testicles this idiot?

Thanks for sharing :)

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very strange indeed. Isnt it possible that his account has been hacked? Sheva / Gingeman, is he writing in the same style as he used to?

That's impossible as he wrote me by email too and sent me emails from his cell phone, actually writing this things and know him we will give him more possibility to find excuses, I mean we can aspect know that he says that his account was hacked...... but no he is the one.......

Hey Michele have you kick in the testicles this idiot?

Thanks for sharing :)

I will like to do that but I don't think people like this can show up in front of you........

I made an error typing, "aspect know" = "aspect now"

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did wonder, but it appears the same to me...

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how $300 is enough for him to ruin all his credibility and online business forever.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how $300 is enough for him to ruin all his credibility and online business forever.

Well, its $600 from me and sheva, plus I have another prominent member who has pm'ed me from this thread to say they paid greg for a name he was brokering but not received the name yet. I would expect this figure to be at least in the $x,xxx range, if not higher...

Mods, if you are reading this, can you freeze navpros account here until he resurfaces?

Thanks

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have loaned Greg money and was paid back on time and per the agreement. I have also done multiple deals with him and found him to be professional and efficient in the deals. I think Greg asks for these loans to float domain deals and I think he may have gotten in over his head. I would advise him to stop doing this as it can only lead to trouble down the road and now that road has apparently been reached. I'm going to try and contact him and see if he can rectify this situation.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whois details
Gregory, Williamson
DOMAINBROKERZ.COM
106 Valley Hill Drive
West Monroe
LA
US
Phone: +1.3186803229
Fax: +1.3185427437

I have only put this here as he appears to be putting privacy on a lot of his names one by one and I want this preserving. I will request it be removed if he should come back and make good.

I have tried calling his number (irritating as I am in UK and do not use VOIP) and left a message as it forwards to an answer machine.

Like Nameguy, I had dealt with Greg quite a few times, lent him money and generally had the sort of close business relationship which you would only have if you completely trusted somebody. I am very disappointed that he has let me down as I always felt he was a pleasant and honest person to deal with. This whole issue has really made me wonder who you can trust on this planet.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All this money loaning, was there a written contract? Or it was based on trust? The downside with a non-contract is that there cannot be a warranty of repayment and little legal recourse - unless you want to appear on Judge Judy court. I've loaned money to people I trusted, who then broke the trust and the friendship and played the "hiding game".

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no contract, only trust as a business relationship spanning well over a year o two had been developed, regularly involving larger sums than this.

I have reported him to mods at np also, where I have found he has 2 accounts:-

http://www.namepros.com/member.php?userid=204
http://www.namepros.com/member.php?userid=3859

If anybody fancies trying to find him at other forums then it would be very much appreciated.

I have heard from the member who paid for a name he was 'brokering' that the figure was $xx,xxx so this is a serious crime spree here.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have loaned Greg money and was paid back on time and per the agreement. I have also done multiple deals with him and found him to be professional and efficient in the deals. I think Greg asks for these loans to float domain deals and I think he may have gotten in over his head. I would advise him to stop doing this as it can only lead to trouble down the road and now that road has apparently been reached. I'm going to try and contact him and see if he can rectify this situation.

Did you contacted him? please let us know, not a big problem as we can live without the money he took from us but just want to know and let the comunity know about this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom