Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware of the member navpros

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
his is pretty f'ed up - I have dealt with him a few times and would have trusted him also. Just goes to show you...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greg owes me a LOT of money (XX,XXX$) that I paid him for him to broker a domain name for me (Where I am the buyer). He had successfully brokered me a mid 5 digit domain in the past without any problems, so I didn't have any troubles trusting him.

He asked me to send him his commission first, and then when the owners of the domain asked for a cashiers check (which I can't provide) he offered me to send him a wire and he does the cashiers check for me and send it to the owners.

After I sent him the remainder of the money, he disappeared on me for 3+ weeks.

Enough was enough, I made a paypal claim, and as soon as I did it he sent me an email telling me he wanted to talk to me and explain the situation.

He promised me that I will get my funds at the end of next week, and that he will pay back everyone he owes money to also and set his record straight. And I canceled the claim for now...

I am now waiting patiently until the end of next week for him to pay back my money.

I sincerely hope for his sake he gets you your money back ASAP... :worried:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

I hope you have been doing well. Got a proposition for you. I am closing a small traffic domain via PayPal and am about $250.00 short. Any chance you might be in a position to make me a short term loan in the amount of $250.00 to [email protected]? I will agree to refund the cash in the next few days and will send you a separate payment in the amount of $50.00 for your trouble! Let me know if this is acceptable for you.
If you are not in a position to do so, no hard feelings whatsoever. In any event, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Greg Williamson

i send him the money on 26th of July and i havent received the 250$ till now. wrote him couple of PMs but no reply.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the end only with all the people that are coming on the forum will come out that he is making more than the Nigerian scam.......

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is now clear he has intentionally scammed more than 4 or 5 users here. I have listened to his stalling on more than one occasion, and believed his excuses when others have warned me not to. I did trust Greg once, as we often spoke in pm and via email, and had completed several transactions, some where he was the seller, some where I was.

I am completely, totally and utterly disgusted with him. It is now clear he orchestrated a massive theft of money from several different people based on a pack of lies.
I will be more than happy to try and put together a criminal case, but I would prefer paying somebody to go and "pay him a visit". I have completely had enough of this. I have been scammed twice now on this forum in two years, and recently had domains stolen from my godaddy account also. They are making it extremely difficult for me to get my names back inspite of the fact that I have more evidence than you cn shake a stick at.

Basically, a few assholes in this industry have completely destroyed my faith in there being anybody trustworthy left, and I want these bastards to pay for that. There is one member here who has indicated they will be paying Greg a visit, or one of their associates will, and I must say that it is about time one of these scammers faced up to their crimes.

On a side note, I have been considering forming a group of highly-trusted members, just a small number, where a situation is created where trust is not misplaced... if anybody has any thoughts on this pleae let me know.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'M in to do what is needed to pay him a visit.....

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is he from again?

greenlake

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just discovered this thread - and realize that I am not alone !

I've been chasing this guy for 4 month now. I was naive (and stupid ) enough to pay him an "upfront" commission of $300 for selling a domain for me ( which he never did..)

he promised to refund that "commission" within 3 days....and its been about 4 months now that I've been chasing him for the money he stole. During that time he's been offering lots of other "sweet deals" - buying other domains, making him loans, being partner with him - luckily I did not fall into those traps and did not lose more money to this lier. He keeps emailing me all kind of excuses similar to those he sends other members here.
I cannot understand why would DF would still allow Greg Williamson be here and steal other member's money.

here are some "choice emails" correspondence with scammer Navpros:

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 05:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: Gregory S. Williamson <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: ranking county
Greg,

Havent heard back from you. so if you are not working on it, please just
send back the $300.

thanks
Eli

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
I want to put this to rest. As far as the
commission goes, I will offer you a 100% money back guarantee in the event that
I cannot find a buyer for you within the next 5-10 business days.....

Sincerely,
Gregory S. Williamson
106 Valley Hill Drive
West Monroe, LA 71291
+01 318.542.7437 Home/Fax
+01 318.680.3229 Mobile
[email protected]

Eli,

I am needing the $2K funds to put towards a domain purchase. What I am telling you is that not only will I agree to send you back $2500.00 in 10 business days for the loan, but will toss a domain deal or two your way if you want to submit offers for them and you would not owe me any commissions for those deals. They would be your. In any event, you loan me the $2K that I need to close my deal, and I send you $2500 back. If you can't do it, that's fine, but just thought $500 would be a fair trade considering. Let me know.

navpros
Buy, Sell, and Trade!

Name: Gregory Williamson
DNF$: 778 [Donate]

Re: rankin county

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eli,

Sent you an email this a.m. from my Blackberry. Can you please send me a payment request to [email protected] for the full amount that is owed to you. I will take care of this!

Thanks

Greg Williamson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoval
Greg,

The facts are that when you say "today" it doesn't even mean 10 days later.
I trusted you when paying those $300 based on your written promise to return it if you dont sell the domain. I paid you based on your lies and misrepresentations . You were never in a position to buy that domain and the previous owner confirmed to me that you are a lier.
I really don't like wasting my time on scammers such as yourself - people that do not honor their own words and promises. Where is the "buyer" that supposedly transferred $2000 to my paypal a week ago?
I just wonder how can a person lie for so long and still be in business...
If I do not see $300 in my paypal account within 48 hours - I will post your scam with all details in tis and other forums, so that other members are aware of your conduct.

Eli

Sincerely,

Gregory S. Williamson

Good Morning Eli,

I want to take the time to run a proposition by you for consideration. I am in need of some financial help purchasing a domain name. I am $2,000.00 short of having the funds in my PayPal Account to cover the purchase of the domain name.

If an agreement can be reached, I will guarantee you a payback of 125% of the loan advance within the next 14 business days. This is a great traffic domain name, however, I just don't have all of the funds right now to cover the purchase and was wondering if you might be in a position to assist. I estimate that the PPC Revenue from domain alone could very well be near $100+ per day.

This could be a very lucrative opportunity for you! If you could float me the $2K needed to [email protected] via PayPal, I will guarantee you a return of $2500.00 and of course, the $300 that I currently owe you for the Rankin County Deal within the next 14 business days.

By the way, I sent you an email in reference to the county domains. Page from DNforum.com asked me about the domains and I provided you with her address. Were you able to get hold of her?

In any event, thanks in advance for the consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Gregory S. Williamson

To: Eli Shoval
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: rankincounty.com and .net

Eli. I just heard from him. It's a firm deal. I will send you the 300.00 this evening when I return! No sweat man. This deal is getting done.

Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: rankincounty.com and .net

You will receive the payment later this evening or tomorrow at the very latest. I assure you. By the way, let me know if you have anything else for sale in the way of county domains or especially city domains?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: Loan

Eli. Call me please? I want to talk to you about this. I sincerely hope that we can work something out. I have been without power and internet for several days due to Gustav. I hope you haven't tarnished my reputation in the forum and will do whatever it takes to make this right with you. I'm just going through a very difficult time right now. I'm not using this as an excuse, I realize I owe you money, and want to work this out. I have some traffic domains that make revenue. Perhaps I could give you one or two of those for the time being? Call me and let's discuss this by phone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:32:10 +0000
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Loan

Greg,

do you still expect anyone to trust you?

eli

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:03:54 +0000

Eli. Lord as my witness, I have not received a payment request from you. Send it to me to [email protected] and I will take care of it. I have a couple myspace typo domains you can have also which get some traffic. One of them made a little over a buck yesterday. no charge for them if you want them. Just let me know. I'll be back in the office at some point later this evening to process your request.

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:28:17 +0000
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Loan

I sent payment request via paypal 2 about 2 weeks ago,
just after you asked for it the first time.

Eli

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:48:13 +0000

Eli, I sent you an email asking you to send me a money request via Paypal. I am going to send back the 300.00. Despite what you might believe, (and I don't blame you), I'm a good person and I will get you the 300.00 back plus the 2K for the rankincounty domains. It's just been a very rough time lately and I haven't had a lot of time to focus on work and the business at hand. Not sure if I mentioned it to you or not, but my son's home was recently burned to the ground from what the Fire Marshall said appeared to have been a theft. The burglars took what they wanted and set his home ablaze. That and the health of my mother with having to take her back and forth for cancer treatment has taken a toll on me both mentally and physically. If you'll send the money request, I will take care of the payment. To make this up to you, I'll even toss in a traffic name or two for you at no cost. I realize I am in the wrong here and will do what it takes to make things right by you. In any event, I look forward to hearing from you.
> ------Original Message------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Aug 29, 2008 3:39 AM

Sorry hearing about your mother. I still can't see why for weeks you keep
foolong me with fraudulent emails about payment being made "today" and
buyer supposedly sending me money via paypal ....
I dont want to hear from you anymore - but trust me- you'll be sorry for
your scams.

Eli
----- Original Message -----
To: "Eli Shoval" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:46 PM
Subject: Loan

Eli. Got your email. Sorry for the delayed reply. have been out of pocket
tending to my mother. She has terminal cancer, so we're doing all we can
to make her comfortable. I'll do my best to return your funds to you
today, however, it may be tomorrow at the latest. As soon as I'm near a
PC, it will be done.

To: "Eli Shoval"
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:12 PM
Subject: Loan

Eli. My number is 318-680-3229. If you can't call, that's fine, but email me and let's work something out today please. I am as ready as you are to put this behind us. And Lord as my witness, when this is settled, I will do my best to find you a great traffic domain name at no cost to you whatsoever. Honestly man, I had some cardiac problems and do not have health insurance and the bills are eating me alive. Not your problem, and I realize that, but I just want you to know that I am ready to work this out no matter what it takes. You are right in this situation and I am wrong, and I am so sorry for all of this

navpros
Buy, Sell, and Trade!

Name: Gregory Williamson
DNF$: 778 [Donate]

Re: rankin county

Eli,

Sent you an email this a.m. from my Blackberry. Can you please send me a payment request to [email protected] for the full amount that is owed to you. I will take care of this!

Thanks

Greg Williamson

Originally Posted by shoval
Greg,

The facts are that when you say "today" it doesn't even mean 10 days later.
I trusted you when paying those $300 based on your written promise to return it if you dont sell the domain. I paid you based on your lies and misrepresentations . You were never in a position to buy that domain and the previous owner confirmed to me that you are a lier.
I really don't like wasting my time on scammers such as yourself - people that do not honor their own words and promises. Where is the "buyer" that supposedly transferred $2000 to my paypal a week ago?
I just wonder how can a person lie for so long and still be in business...
If I do not see $300 in my paypal account within 48 hours - I will post your scam with all details in tis and other forums, so that other members are aware of your conduct.

Eli

07-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi Eli,

Sorry my friend, I have been out of pocket for some time. My ex wife and my son Ethan's home was burglarized and set on fire. They lost everything that they had and I have been away trying to help the two of them reorganize their lives. I just found all of your emails in my spam folder!

Send me an email to [email protected]. I will add you to my safe senders list and get this all sorted out with you.

Thanks

Greg Williamson

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:48:13 +0000

Eli, I sent you an email asking you to send me a money request via Paypal. I am going to send back the 300.00. Despite what you might believe, (and I don't blame you), I'm a good person and I will get you the 300.00 back plus the 2K for the rankincounty domains. It's just been a very rough time lately and I haven't had a lot of time to focus on work and the business at hand. Not sure if I mentioned it to you or not, but my son's home was recently burned to the ground from what the Fire Marshall said appeared to have been a theft. The burglars took what they wanted and set his home ablaze. That and the health of my mother with having to take her back and forth for cancer treatment has taken a toll on me both mentally and physically. If you'll send the money request, I will take care of the payment. To make this up to you, I'll even toss in a traffic name or two for you at no cost. I realize I am in the wrong here and will do what it takes to make things right by you. In any event, I look forward to hearing from you.
> ------Original Message------

One thing must admit he is very good on making copy and paste.

The error we all makes is don't post this scam after 1/2 days he didn't maintain the promise.

I will pay a very good bonus if someone can bring him here in front of me............

Shame on you using your wife, son and mother just to make few thousands $, people like you are the worst people on this planet, again not for the money but just because you need to use your wife son and mother............ YOU HAVE NO BALL Mr. Gregory Williamson, I hope your wife son or mother will punish you one day............... am wasting my time right?? :)

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing must admit he is very good on making copy and paste.

The error we all makes is don't post this scam after 1/2 days he didn't maintain the promise.

I will pay a very good bonus if someone can bring him here in front of me............

Shame on you using your wife, son and mother just to make few thousands $, people like you are the worst people on this planet, again not for the money but just because you need to use your wife son and mother............ YOU HAVE NO BALL Mr. Gregory Williamson, I hope your wife son or mother will punish you one day............... am wasting my time right?? :)

We call this type of people MOTHER****ER.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Since you have a full name and address, I suggest that you file a police report.

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really disturbed reading this thread.....hope u guys get ur hard earned money back. was wondering abt transactions on my website......i'll now talk to escrow.com or sedo to act as escrow.......its better of paying escrow n getting peace of mind.......but as any other business, this business also involves trust to some extent..........would appreciate an escrow service from DNF

one thing i would suggest is to add people you know on facebook or other such social networking websites where people have their close friends and relatives added...........people are less likely to fraud in front of their relatives , family members, close old friends........than in front of business colleagues..........this is not to say to do transactions on such social networking websites but you can always leave a feedback under such circumstances which such people would fear getting.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
User banned ---- navpros

-=DCG=-

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
User banned ---- navpros

-=DCG=-

Thanks Adam, but does this mean he now can't come back to post, if he was to make good his promises. I still believe Greg may genuinely be experiencing severe financial difficulties and there is a small chance he does intend to pay me, and others back. Call me a mug, but I still have a tiny amount of faith that this guy is jkust a loser, not a complete arsehole...

Can you make it so he can post in just this thread?

Thanks

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since you guys have all the information to contact him, we have decided to terminate his account to prevent him from contacting other members (many members are still not aware of this incident).

He can always contact us via email.

Thanks,
John

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Adam, but does this mean he now can't come back to post, if he was to make good his promises. I still believe Greg may genuinely be experiencing severe financial difficulties and there is a small chance he does intend to pay me, and others back. Call me a mug, but I still have a tiny amount of faith that this guy is jkust a loser, not a complete arsehole...

Can you make it so he can post in just this thread?

Thanks

I agree with all here, we need to form a group and put these criminals away.

I support this 100%.

Banning is just the first step.

-=DCG=-

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with all here, we need to form a group and put these criminals away.

I support this 100%.

Banning is just the first step.

-=DCG=-

Thanks Adam & Johnn!

I'm here to help for the group...it's time these criminals go to jail.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well got to say his emails made me realise he is simply a scammer, and maybe even a Nigerian on at that as that is there sort of patter. Answer is simple, do not forward
money to someone you do not know.

DG

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since you have a full name and address, I suggest that you file a police report.
Totally agree, I suggested this a while ago. Didn't know there were so many nice guys on the forum here lending out so much cash without any collateral. As was suggested, you should all group together and file a claim. That will save time and money. I also suggest that DNForum sends out an e-mail to all members finding out if there's anyone else, and if anyone knows him personally, or has any relevant information that may help.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, I suggested this a while ago. Didn't know there were so many nice guys on the forum here lending out so much cash without any collateral. As was suggested, you should all group together and file a claim. That will save time and money. I also suggest that DNForum sends out an e-mail to all members finding out if there's anyone else, and if anyone knows him personally, or has any relevant information that may help.

This is a good idea....if the claim is over 10k (which it looks like it will be) the FBI will get involved...

http://www.ic3.gov is a starting point to file a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom