Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware of the member navpros

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have not been able to talk to him. I did leave a voice message and sent emails. I hope you and he get this worked out.

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know.. People using serious family/relative illness as an excuse are the worst kind of them all. .

The only people that use that as an excuse are con-men and woman.

If your buttons are pushed, the buttons are being pushed on purpose.

A sucker is born every minute and/or a fool and his money soon parted.

No one legitimate needs a few hundred for a day or two with nothing but a forum name as security. Holy smoke bullwinkle trust no one, least of all yourself.

Your right, and I agree.

The hard part is when USA-Domainer gets scammed by European-Domainer. Who's laws does Euro-Domainer get persecuted under?

And if it was for sums like $300, is the fight worth it?

A step in the right direction but nearly impossible to implement.

A "heads-up" service is definitely easier, but keeping up with such a service could be daunting. There are so many places to be scammed, although the stupid ones do seem to pick the biggest boards.

Maybe a user-submittted type of site, but all submissions would have to be followed up on, and possibly (hopefully) resolved (in means of compensation and/or imprisonment).

Or maybe a service that represents ripped off domainers and helps with the resolution of the situation, a colation of lawyers and domain investors in each country, but collectively one group, to help combat and resolve these types of situations.

The hardest part of all would be getting the domainers to pay attention to such a service.

I don't know, just some quick thoughts. But Arco has the right idea.

-Zh

Bounty hunter needs to be paid, under 5k why would someone get his pants on to do this?

In Paris 50 euro will get you someone to cause several hundred euros damage wherever you wanted and about 100 bucks in NY. Chicago about 20. Other cities on request. But for a couple hundred it is not worth squat.

That is why they pick under 1000 but over 100. In the end there should show 3 to 10 people under this scam. I really hate the scammers with the lame excuses using the nice people like puppets. Nice people make easy marks.

But you guys have to take some shame on your vulnerability and tighten the seals around your windows so the wind does not get through. You don't physically know them and have physical touch with them you cant be lending money with the idea it will come back.

Even the holy man watches his bags in the train station.

By the way, get onto Paypal and demand that money back before the time limit expires. I think it is 90 days. He is suckering you for that time limit. Once it is past so are you. You should have done it at 30 days giving him the 15 extra days grace (why give grace to a liar?). You need to understand your time has been eaten too and it is more valuable!

A con-man, confidence man. A confidence man must first gain your confidence. Real people - real confidence, virtual names - no reality no confidence.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Er, thanks for the input onlinetv you sure are a wise man...

Anyway,

Greg has been in touch and should be posting here soon...

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Er, thanks for the input onlinetv you sure are a wise man...

Anyway,

Greg has been in touch and should be posting here soon...

Are you guy really believe him???

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good Advice: Over $199, escrow.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny reading this thread because about 2 months ago I lent him $250.00 and have been banging my head against the wall trying to get him to repay it. First he tried to sell me a domain he did'nt even own and was trying to broker but represented it to me as he owned it, and ten other brilliant idea's he has come up with to repay me...to date I have not got a penny back and I have also sent him the money request per his instructions and it remained unpaid for like 2 weeks and then got cancelled...he won't answer the phone but he will text message me...I think I am going to just get in my car and go pay him a visit and see what he say's about my money in person, enough is enough.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'M sure is monitoring the forum here and on the other forum under another name, don't you think he should be banned at least.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until midnight this friday for my $250 back or this goes to plan B.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uh? Why did you happen to send it without having any collateral or a guarantee? Did you happen to know this member in person?

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we all maked mistakes to send him money but that doesn't matter anymore now, what is interesting now is how can be punished, at least banned......

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, I could retire on the amount of money you guys have got fleeced for in 2008. I hope he pays it back OR is paid back : )

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Banning now would not do any good as we cut the communication with him. There is no need to be in a hurry to ban him now.

I have dealt with him in the past with no problem but you never know when the situation changed.

We (the mods) will be watching this thread and take appropriate action when the time is right. He has been exposed here and other forums as well. Let hope that you guys get your money back.

One more reason for me not to back anyone up!

Good luck!
John

dnbroker77

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greg owes me a LOT of money (XX,XXX$) that I paid him for him to broker a domain name for me (Where I am the buyer). He had successfully brokered me a mid 5 digit domain in the past without any problems, so I didn't have any troubles trusting him.

He asked me to send him his commission first, and then when the owners of the domain asked for a cashiers check (which I can't provide) he offered me to send him a wire and he does the cashiers check for me and send it to the owners.

After I sent him the remainder of the money, he disappeared on me for 3+ weeks.

Enough was enough, I made a paypal claim, and as soon as I did it he sent me an email telling me he wanted to talk to me and explain the situation.

He promised me that I will get my funds at the end of next week, and that he will pay back everyone he owes money to also and set his record straight. And I canceled the claim for now...

I am now waiting patiently until the end of next week for him to pay back my money.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he offered me to send him a wire and he does the cashiers check for me and send it to the owners.
Enough was enough, I made a paypal claim, and as soon as I did it he sent me an email telling me he wanted to talk to me and explain the situation.
Did you wire him the money or pay by paypal?

dnbroker77

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you wire him the money or pay by paypal?

His commission was paid through paypal
The rest of the money to be sent to the company was sent by wire

I made the paypal claim for the part of his commission

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
........he sent me an email telling me he wanted to talk to me and explain the situation.

He promised me that I will get my funds at the end of next week, and that he will pay back everyone he owes money to also and set his record straight. And I canceled the claim for now...
QUOTE]

there is nothing to explain this guy is full of sh.., if you get money from people you cant use for your personal thing for any reason, there is nothing to explain, a person that find excuses saying his mother is dying because of cancer and so on is full of sh.., keep in mind that I don't talk about this because of the money he owes me, for me thats money are nothing, what ùdriving me crazy is the moral code, the honor code of those people. Shame.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators