Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNForum.net !

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Somebody recently registered this - I guess that means that this site is quite popular now!

Dan - are you going to have a go at them? :)

Domain Summit 2024

Big surprise, its wanda :laugh:

Registrant:
GNM services Corp. Wanda May
GNM services Corp
303 NW loop 281 #110144
Longview, Texas 75605
United States

Registered through: Go Daddy Software (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DNFORUM.NET
Created on: 09-Aug-02
Expires on: 09-Aug-03
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-02

---
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that :)

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Nah, it doesn't affect me at all.. She also tried to sell it to me, but honestly I don't really care.

Originally posted by safesys
Big surprise, its wanda :laugh:

Registrant:
GNM services Corp. Wanda May
GNM services Corp
303 NW loop 281 #110144
Longview, Texas 75605
United States

Registered through: Go Daddy Software (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DNFORUM.NET
Created on: 09-Aug-02
Expires on: 09-Aug-03
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-02

---
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that :)

Class always shows.

Miles

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
she should have registered DNForum.ws and asked Reg.com to market it as "Wanda's Site" :laugh:

she should have registered DNForum.ws and asked Reg.com to market it as "Wanda's Site"

Isn't there a "h" missing between the s and the i in "Site"? :)

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like she is trying to sell it:

Post from domaingator.com (sorry Dan, but I needed to hang out somewhere and fulfill my domain addction while dnforum was it...it won't happen again, I promise :cool: )

------------------------

DNforum.net is for sale (biz plan included)

DNforum = DotNetforum

Biz idea/plan = To create an internet forum/community exclusively for forum owners/admin/mod's to share and exchange ideas/hacks/scripts/info with eachothers, to enhance and build up memberships within their communities.

A foundation 'for the members'
built 'by the members'

which will 'drive in members'

DNforum.net
A 'network' forum for forum leaders!

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan
Nah, it doesn't affect me at all.. She also tried to sell it to me, but honestly I don't really care.

If anything, you might consider regging dnform.com though. I agree that dnforum.net doesn't seem very compelling for any reason.

Crazy shtuff.

~ D.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should protect yourself by filing a US Trademark Application, it is only 375.00. Even if you wanted to recover the .net, you would not be able to and you defiantly could not recover any legal costs. I am amazed that most of the "Registrars" on this forum have no Trademark applications pending or have any state recognition as a corporation.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work, when you could have just had the foresight to have investing a whopping $8.95 to have registered the .net in the first place.

If $8.95 was too much, I assume that a trademark application and lots of aggravation with Wanda wouldn't be Dan's cup of tea.

BTW, what's with domain holders NOT registering the .net extensions when available. Seems a little short sighted no?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But if the owner of a .com feels he needs to register the .net, does it stop there? Or does he then feel compelled to register the .org, .info, .biz, etc.? With so many extensions these days and surely more on the way in the future, it's different than "back in the day" when you could register the .com/.net/.org and be sure of owning everything pertaining to that name. I'm not sure it's worthwhile, though I guess it does hedge things up a bit.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Huh?!

Why give away any traffic and potentially let others leach off of your site. Doesn't seem very wise to save $8.95 only to insure a headache down the road.

Don't you think that in a consumer's mind, there could be some confusion, especially if the owner of the .net, etc., puts up a legitimate site in competition with the .com, etc.

Why wouldn't you want to protect your brand across at least the major .tlds.

No reason to cry or complain about anyone snatching the .net, and how improper it is, when you don't have the foresight to register it WHEN ITS AVAILABLE!

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
BTW, what's with domain holders NOT registering the .net extensions when available. Seems a little short sighted no?

I think its enough that dnforum.com and dnforums.com point to the same place. For a forum, anything else is just gravy considering this is a messageboard and not a fully developed website. Domain registration can drop you off a cliff securing all the permutations to look out for. Even large corporations don't care after a while.

~ D.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty low thing that this Wanda chick is trying to do. But it seems that her bs tactics will fall on their face anyhow. Dnforum.com has attracted a great collection of people from small players to the big guys and it seems that we have a certain loyalty building up here.

I don't think anyone will use dnforum.net that washedup wanda sets up and anyone who would buy the name obviously has no clue anyway. So let her do her best...she already lost.

As to the tm...you can go to the uspto.gov site and reg for $345. Probably a good investment either way. Dnforum has the potential to turn into cash producing site for services etc and its a small price to pay to cover yer azz.

imho,

zoot

i can't see dan losing many (if any) visitors at all to the noncoms, if people find what they're after with the most logical variation - why are they going to go typing in lesser tld's?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha... I just got a timely note from Dotster:

Dear Dotster Customer,

Register the .net and .org version of your .com name before somebody else does!

As of today, the domain names YOURDOMAIN.net and .org are still available at Dotster. You've already got the .com; registering the .net and .org versions of your domain name is the best defense in protecting your online identity.

Of course, MYDOMAIN.net is only available because I let it drop a couple of months ago....

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
i can't see dan losing many (if any) visitors at all to the noncoms, if people find what they're after with the most logical variation - why are they going to go typing in lesser tld's?

I wasn't specifically referring to Dan, as these are just forums after all. Granted, most people will just find this site and bookmark it.

However, in other circumstances, not protecting the .net, etc., seems like pure folly. What if you antagonist (i.e. wanda or someone of that ilk ..) is craftier at SEO, etc., and actually ranks the net higher than the .com, etc. What if you are a product seller, and have someone preying upon your reputation, etc.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once an application for an ITU Trademark has been presented to the USPTO any registration of a identical or similar domain names is registered then the register is guilty of violating "ACPA". The applicant holder can recover all legal cost associated with recovery and up to 100,000.00 in damages. As it stands now the owner of DNForum does not have "substantial use" and therefore this "wanda" could legally start her own forum and you could do nothing. To make matters worse, if she was to file an application she could theoretically take the .com away from you. This type of reverse domain hijacking takes place everyday.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by StockPilot
if she was to file an application she could theoretically take the .com away from you. This type of reverse domain hijacking takes place everyday.

No chance that would happen.
Dnforum.com was an active site prior to the registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom