Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Domain Stealer Revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

domaingator

Yeah, I bet we do not hear much from "dickie" anymore here.....but he probably has as many aliases here as he does email accounts for stolen domains.

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Somebody asked to get all the stolen domains. I asked the investigater who gave me the other names if he had a whole list. He said he is working on a list but gave me two more names that are stolen. They are www.commerce.com and www.cb.com. He says he can prove they were stolen by mr Biondo. He also said that cb.com was owned by ifuse Inc before it was stolen, and commerce.com was owned by Global Commerce Systems. He has the old records I guess.
why are people so dishonest. Can this man steal any name? I hope someone gets him. Why should I even try to start in this business??

D

dkny

Originally posted by cluelessdomainer
Somebody asked to get all the stolen domains. I asked the investigater who gave me the other names if he had a whole list. He said he is working on a list but gave me two more names that are stolen. They are www.commerce.com and www.cb.com. He says he can prove they were stolen by mr Biondo. He also said that cb.com was owned by ifuse Inc before it was stolen, and commerce.com was owned by Global Commerce Systems. He has the old records I guess.
why are people so dishonest. Can this man steal any name? I hope someone gets him. Why should I even try to start in this business??

he will be in jail soon, if he still live in the U.S.

the guy who stole sex.com ran away to Mexico. He didn't pay $65 millions as court order. Now the rightful owner files lawsuit against NetSol/Verisign.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... He said he is working on a list but gave me two more names that are stolen. They are www.commerce.com and www.cb.com.

Here is the archived whois of CB.COM in August this year. This name was registered in Verisign, but now in PowerPipe.
-----
Registrant:
iFUSE, Inc (CB78-DOM)
310 Washington Blvd Ste 3
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
US

Domain Name: CB.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Accounts Payable (AP11053-OR) [email protected]
ifuse, inc.
2330 Glendon Ave
Los Angeles , CA 90064
US
310-474-0371
Fax- 310-470-5022

Record expires on 19-Oct-2005.
Record created on 19-Oct-2000.
Database last updated on 9-Aug-2002 10:37:52 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.INTERWORLD.NET 206.124.224.2
NS2.INTERWORLD.NET 206.124.226.2
-----
If this name is really stolen, it must have happened very recently!The thief is still probably active despite of the talks.

I don't have the archived whois of commerce.com, anybody else?

M

mole

Moral of the story - Invest in modern day .info and .biz. The Verisign/Netsol backend is rife with arcane practices and verification procedures.

Names that I registered after 2000 with Netsol seem to be bullet-proof though. And their new user interphase is good, all that registrant sh*t has been fixed.

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Isn't it just a question of someone hacking email accounts? If so it has nothing to do with netsol security.

M

mole

Originally posted by MarkyMark
Isn't it just a question of someone hacking email accounts? If so it has nothing to do with netsol security.

true marky, a lot of the names were registered a long time ago. So a person could have died, the ISP closed down together with the email ... My point is simply that Netsol now has to grandfather a lot of decaying domains registered in the old age. And they cannot cope with it.

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the investigator says the problem is security. the stealer could not take the domain by like using an old, expired email address because it was the domain name itself many times. I mean, commerce.com had an administrative email address of [email protected] and pizza.com had an address of [email protected]. The investigator says that somone in nsi is helping John Biondo change records to get away with the crime. this is big corporate scandal and will be big news someday since the domains are very valuable.

yes, cb.com was stolen recently. Commerce.com Who Is is available too.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I said before in this stolen domains threads:

Netsol should offer this domain stealer guy a $200K per year and lots of stock options and hire him to fix their problems.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why would he accept 200K a year, when he can get few millions just by selling one single domain? :]

D

dkny

Originally posted by domainAddict
Why would he accept 200K a year, when he can get few millions just by selling one single domain? :]

and spend the rest of his life in jail :laugh:

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cluelessdomainer, you mentioned that your friend is compiling a list of all the stolen domains, and you implied that you would publicly post this list eventually. Is there any chance you could put some pressure on him to hurry up with the list? I would greatly appreciate it, it would save the people on the forum thousands of dollars in accidentally purchasing stolen domains.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edg, but what does "fallen victim" mean ? They had to give the domains back ? or did they keep the stolen names ? In situations where the domains were returned, did it go to the actual prior owners ?

Has Verisign acted to discourage domain theft ? I wonder if they consider it theft at all.

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean, commerce.com had an administrative email address of [email protected]
Are you sure of that? I was after this domain(it had expired, I think).
The admin email was another than that one and not working.

edg

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brujah
edg, but what does "fallen victim" mean ? They had to give the domains back ? or did they keep the stolen names ? In situations where the domains were returned, did it go to the actual prior owners ?

Has Verisign acted to discourage domain theft ? I wonder if they consider it theft at all.

Brujah:

It's hard to say anything with certainty, but if you look at the other thread, you'll see a number of domain names purchased by board members that quite likely were stolen: 83.com, exw.com, distribute.com, size.com, and perhaps others.

Verisign has acted on exw.com, but unfortunately did not restore it to the original owner. Instead, they gave it back to the alleged thief.

The original owner of distribute.com has been having little success getting Verisign to restore ownership.

Verisign, at best, is slow acting on these and other reports. It is difficult to get Verisign to do anything regarding domain irregularities.

I had a name taken from me once, and wasted many hours trying to get NSI/Verisign to investigate, and finally gave up because it was a waste of time. My letters to first-level support were ignored, or answered with irrelevant form letters. My phone calls to first-level support were handled by incompetent staffers who said they couldn't do anything since I wasn't the owner listed on the whois record. My letters and phone calls to other levels of the company went unanswered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom