Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How bad, really, is Click Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My personal conversion rate with AdWords is over 6% (6% of click throughs lead to signups). If I see that go to 0%, changes will happen. Right now online advertising really works (banner advertising doesn't really work though). Click fraud is a big problem and in the long run, it makes CJ.com a desirable platform to use. Advertisers should use conversion tracking to see if their money is being spent well.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bad , really bad it seems.

I happened to mention to someone a few months back that I missed the days when I used to get a couple of cents everytime someone did a google search from my site. (they used to have an affliate program that offered this).

Well today I get a message, that you still can do this. That they just helped someone set up a paypal account to be able to do this etc. A few questions later and it turns out that what their friend got was a job to site in an internet cafe and click all day. They said over 10million people in China now have this as their 'job'.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AdBrite's text links at a flat fee per day on sites which you specify, also solves this problem for advertisers. It helps publishers with legitimate sites make the money they deserve.

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What people fail to realise is that the biggest fraudsters out there are the big companies plcs etc,they would instruct their staff to click and click a rivals ad to hurt them,when in the u.k everyday big companies are exposed including banks training their staff into defrauding the public being rewarded with bonus schemes from office to managment all to appease their shareholders who they are defrauding in the first place.Its like a merry go round !
The goverments defraud us everyday blowing our taxes on bullshit expenses and awarding their mates multimillion pound contracts taking money from the poors mouths kicking people on the streets all to line their fat pockets and you are worried about ppc fraud what a laugh !

Its down to money it makes the world spin and its a dog eat dog world so forget the goody two shoes lark and get real the big boys would take the carpet from your feet in seconds if they could !

Dont get me wrong i dont like being conned like anybody else but if someone should rob an old lady in front of me i would dive in and help but if someone robbed a bank in front of me i would fair play as long as noone got physically hurt.

Robin hood rob was a hero with his actions "rob the rich feed the poor"

I expect some serious slander on the above which is Harsh but true !

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used them too, but since noone has bought an ad from me yet, i'm about to switch to xperya.com... I have made good this month from them at a buck a click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom