Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Huge adjustment for yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
say hello to your mom, and tell her I will not make it tonight.

take care.

Sorry, my mom dates real men, not dickless drunkards. Come back after you grow some ballz.

Doc Com, If you use large text again I will ask that you be removed from posting in this forum again.

That's some nazi statement there; why don't you adjust your browser's settings if you're annoyed by large print? Personally I hate the SMALL print of companies like Parked, not the large colorful text used for emphasis here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The only way to deal with trolls like Stuff is a good kick in the groin. I mastered the double scoop while dealing with "skipper" Denny.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got my password and put up 2 names. One name went from around 30 cents/click to 9 cents/click after the update. The other dropped but not by that much. Parked should eliminate the estimating. Let people wait until Yahoo provides the data a day later. Waiting one day won't hurt anyone.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked should eliminate the estimating.

It's quite a moving target to estimate against. Some keywords may pay more early in the month and less as the month goes on. Some are seasonal and pay less in different parts of the year. Some are event related and can drop off as the event comes towards an end. I would imagine that "tax filing" keywords go from dollars to pennies over the next week. "sports betting" probably dropped off after the NCAA tournament. I can't imagine being able to estimate accurately at all. Best to always under-estimate and over deliver if possible.

jwinston

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Man this thread headed downhill fast.

I have updated our estimate programs to take into account the cause for the large drop on the accounts I mentioned Friday. Only 1/2 of todays estimates will reflect the change. All of tomorrows estimates will take this into account.

I seems that most of the facts regarding estimates have all ready been covered by other posts. Let me just add that on a global scale our estimates remain fairly accurate. Could they ever exactly reflect what the domain will make give the current data we currently have to work with? No. There are way too many variables. Can they be improved upon further? More than likely.

I am currently working on updates to our stats programs and will be looking into the estimate issues in more details in the near future. We have had to continually modify the estimate programs to take into account multiple issues in the past. A few of those issues are:
1. no longer getting accurate price information
2. panama (ie: rank not directly related to price anymore)
3. adding in additional feeds

I would not be surprised if there are additional issues in the future that we will have to adapt our estimates to handle, such as the one that caused this thread. Please, understand that the estimates are by no means certain. I would, however, ask anyone who has regular consistent traffic that notices large adjustments to bring them to our attention.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man this thread headed downhill fast.

I assume you work at parked.com?

All these issues regarding all the complaints about the estimates and reductions could be avoided if you simply delay the stats and deal with the real numbers when you get them, which I assume is somewhere near 24-hrs or less, right?

Why do you mess around with these confusing and adjusted estimates? I asked a few times before with no response.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got my password and put up 2 names. One name went from around 30 cents/click to 9 cents/click after the update. The other dropped but not by that much. Parked should eliminate the estimating. Let people wait until Yahoo provides the data a day later. Waiting one day won't hurt anyone.

The difference in your case as opposed to most people here is that yours dropped because it was your first day. Your domains had no history and we only had 1 other domain that had "the king" terms and it never received much traffic at all. It should be much better tomorrow.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kids, Kids, Kids....FOCUS...seriously. If your traffic names just are'nt producing for you anywhere..maybe it's not sedo or parked.com, maybe they suck.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well personally somehow parked.com manages to get my domains on the first page in google...all .com of course..not sure what your tricks are but I have one I recently registered that is getting good traffic and traffic has now doubled as a result of the first page ranking on google from parked.com keyword generation and priority google indexing..with a YAHOO feed! lol

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

All these issues regarding all the complaints about the estimates and reductions could be avoided if you simply delay the stats and deal with the real numbers when you get them, which I assume is somewhere near 24-hrs or less, right?

Why do you mess around with these confusing and adjusted estimates? I asked a few times before with no response.

Trader, Yes, James works at Parked. He manages all of the crunching of the stats including the estimates, the final numbers, fraud reports, and the traffic analysis reports.

We have considered removing the estimates in the past and just recently before this all came up last week. On a normal basis we normally get about 2 questions a week about why did numbers go down from our estimates, and one of the people has already posted on here a few times. The other is usually somebody new to Parked.

Today, I contacted a few of our larger customers about removing the estimates. 6 - said they required the estimates. 2 - said they didn't rely on the estimates. 1 - said "we should get rid of them so this thread could be closed." And the last two said just make them more accurate.

We normally get our final numbers from one provider around 6am PST and the other is around 10am PST.

James did implement the click bot fix today, which will definitely improve our estimations for 98% of the domains. In about 2 weeks if not sooner will be implementing some other features to our stats system that will include new fraud filters and ways to stop other bots. But no matter what we will always pay you based on what you earn and not what we estimate.

The first week or so we started we implemented some rather strict click fraud protection and we found that in many cases we were still paid for it, so we started paying people based on what we were paid, not based on what we estimated you would be paid.

We do have a few people in our company who would like to get rid of the estimated stats for different reasons, but we have a large percentage of our customers who like them.

Donny

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way, I noticed this thread started middle of last week. Last week was Easter/Spring Break week. Could that have made the adjustments seem bigger than usual? Any chance advertisers might reduce their bids and overall advertising that week?

jwinston

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Correct. I am a parked.com developer/stats guru.

No estimates would make my life much easier but despite the impressions left by this thread many of our customer do like having the estimates. If we pause the estimates for maint., within minutes someone will be bringing it to our attention.

I personally agree with the previous suggestions to use them or ignore them.

I did some analysis and yesterday across the board our estimates were around 2% off on revenue and 4% off on the number of clicks. The modifications made today should bring us closer even tomorrow.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please keep mine going up the next day as usual :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
it's not a date if you have to pay per 1/2 hour.

What your family does is none of my business.

well personally somehow parked.com manages to get my domains on the first page in google...all .com of course..not sure what your tricks are but I have one I recently registered that is getting good traffic and traffic has now doubled as a result of the first page ranking on google from parked.com keyword generation and priority google indexing..with a YAHOO feed! lol

Yes, I give credit where credit is due: Parked's keywords push domains up in Google. And the revenue down. So between two evils I chose the one I know best.

Correct. I am a parked.com developer/stats guru.

No estimates would make my life much easier but despite the impressions left by this thread many of our customer do like having the estimates. If we pause the estimates for maint., within minutes someone will be bringing it to our attention.

I personally agree with the previous suggestions to use them or ignore them.

I did some analysis and yesterday across the board our estimates were around 2% off on revenue and 4% off on the number of clicks. We will work on addressing those. The modifications made today should bring us closer even tomorrow.

Estimates were way off. I don't know how your code guesses revenue but I have no time for Scottish showers.

Sedona

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also seen my parked payments decreased - not by 50% - but by 80%. almost every day for the past 7 days. I was told that my sites were spydered and the clicks were not real.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have also seen my parked payments decreased - not by 50% - but by 80%. almost every day for the past 7 days. I was told that my sites were spydered and the clicks were not real.

Another reason why the PPC industry needs to be regulated. How can one prove that their statement was factual?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex, If Yahoo would allow you to contact them I would tell you who to contact tonight. As I have stated I think about 50 times now we pay based on what we are told you have earned by our providers.

If you don't feel that you can trust somebody you have the right to leave at any time. That's why you came to Parked in the first place. You tried us out for a few days, it didn't work out, you went back to Sedo.

Why are you still posting the same stuff over and over again? Are you mad I didn't buy you a beer while I was at Disney or something?

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom