Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Merged Threads About Member - InBrownStockings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Who are you, seminarist? You said you are a former member. Since your domain was registered this week, I think you need to tell us who you are.

Another scamming technique involves appearing ultra-social and "shooting the shit" with already established members.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, John.

Will do. You can edit my early post though.

Who are you, seminarist? You said you are a former member. Since your domain was registered this week, I think you need to tell us who you are.

Another scamming technique involves appearing ultra-social and "shooting the shit" with already established members.

Hi, Acro, I'm planning to stay in DNF for a very long time. Let's put it this way, if you found anything "fishy" about me, you can warn the mods and everyone else. How's that?

You can monitor me through my blog if you wish. Who am I? I was just a failure domainer who's trying to return to domaining world. Even though I've lost thousands of dollars in my domain investment due to my rash decisions on buying domains, I'm not going to quit.

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone call this clown?
The phone number displayed in the whois on the names they "bought" here were different for each registrar. They looked genuine at first glance, but all had wrong area code.

Then when whois changes to another registrant (presumably making it more difficult to return the domain to original registrant) the fake phone numbers followed the same format.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was able to connect the same email used for paypal, email used in whois for one name and email associated with her name to a phone number. The correct phone to that email used is available on page one. I am sure the thread starter is investigating. She may be a victim here as well if it was an email/paypal hack.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey kim Halfmann! If you were half a man you would come clean but then again you are only half a man anyways...

Sorry, I just resist myself on this one....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kimber6252@aol shows these results, which does clearly appear to be female.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...iwan.html+kimber6252&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ca

Woman from Texas ( confirmed same person )

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...tography/+kimber6252&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

Look at 4th address and email down for real info...

http://www.asadistrict11.com/2008_WYLIE_CONTACTS.doc

Halfmann Kim 6677 Maple(02) 695-2026 669-7470 [email protected]

Here is what 411 says. Notice addy is same 6677 Maple and therefore the same owner of the email kimber6252@aol, phone number is different though.

Halfmann, Kimberly D
Household: Gary
6677 Maple St

Abilene, TX 79602-3325

(325) 695-2026

Not sure why a near middle aged women would do such a things or if someone is just using her info/email. Its possible she is being used as I found the same " handle as the email used to say things suck on youtube and reflective more of a 12 yr old.

Also 411 addy shows same city ( Abilene TX ), your Kim Halfmann 110%. Maybe give her a call and see if she is the theif or being used.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just tried calling the (325) 695-2026 number. Got a voice mail that was a woman with the name "Kim". I will try her again later.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that this lady is a victim. I had a very close situation. I did not push the name yet and noticed the money was froze on paypal. This was an ebay sale of a domain. The user's ID and paypal was hacked. The theif wanted me to use a free mail address for the push to godaddy and not the email they paid with. luckily the auction ended at 10PM they paid immediately but by the next morning the credit card payment was already flagged. I would imagine contacting this Kim lady will be nice. She may not be aware of all the spending.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, I just spoke with the real Kim. She said this is definitely fraud and she has already contacted both paypal and her bank. She had no idea what was going on and seemed very nice. She said that there were basically 4 transactions mine for $250, another for $360, one for $800 and one other.
for those of you who this has happened to she said paypal may be emailing you as well to find out what is going on.
My next step is to contact the authorities and report this theft.
Is there any way we could get some appraisals on these domains that were stolen so that I can give an estimate to the authorities?
My domain was Iran-Iraq.com
Thanks everyone!

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was able to connect the same email used for paypal, email used in whois for one name and email associated with her name to a phone number. The correct phone to that email used is available on page one. I am sure the thread starter is investigating. She may be a victim here as well if it was an email/paypal hack.
Sorry, I was referring to the InBrownStockings scammer. Their initial whois shows a "Teresa Clodfelter" of Lexington, NC with differing fake phone numbers for each registrar.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, i just spoke with icann about this. They said they can't do anything with stolen domains and recommended defintley calling the local authorities and reporting it.

ok, I just spoke with an FBI agent. He asked that everyone that this has happend to go to fbi.gov. On the left side there is a link to "report internet crime".
He also said it would not hurt to contact and file a report with the local police as well. If enough people report this problem with this person then they will link everyone together and investigate.

also, those of you who this has happened to, if you would like to give me a call to discuss anything my number is 315-572-1892

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just checked one of the stolen domains g0b.com and the whois info has changed AGAIN. I tried calling the number listed but it is no good.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
just checked one of the stolen domains g0b.com and the whois info has changed AGAIN. I tried calling the number listed but it is no good.

It's currently parked at Parked.com - Report it to their support dpt so that they pull it; the owner should subpoena the account info from Parked as well to find out where they divert payments to.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to parked to let them know what has happened

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Never push a name until the e-check is cleared.

Even if e-check did clear, it can still be reversed... The only paperless transaction I know of that cant be reversed is bank wire.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if e-check did clear, it can still be reversed... The only paperless transaction I know of that cant be reversed is bank wire.

yes, that happened to one member here. the check cleared and then the rightful owner of the paypal account disputed the transaction

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i sold a domain to inbrownstockings vd9.com .. was not going to sell it since offers were too low and i wanted to build it up .. but , inbrownstockings contacted me by PM Re an old post and offered the asked price

I took it, anyway now i got a Paypal charge back, and they didn't pay by e-check they paid clear.

name used was :"Teresa Clodfelter"
of NC

buyers email on Paypal is:
[email protected]

on whois info is:
Teresa Clodfelter
2281 Arnold Road

Lexington NC, 27295 US
Phone: +1.9383 84732864
[email protected]

enom account ID:Instockings

now this is different then some of you other guys got

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom