Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Merged Threads About Member - InBrownStockings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You should have known something was up when he offered $300 for a $15 name

I'm sure a light went off in the sellers head, but the idea of making a sale helped turn the light off.

Bottom line: don't use Paypal for transactions with people you haven't established a strong trading relationship.

I would extend that to members you feel comfortable, Some of us including myself are not active traders.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So someone goes to the trouble of defrauding just for a $15 name? He'd have to do a lot of work for those to add up to something worthwhile, surely? And surely PayPal would notice if he kept making chargebacks?

So is it the case that from now on everyone on the forum will have to be verified? I couldn't understand before why this wasn't so. It seems to me to be the first line of defence.

iridium

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well i sold a domain to inbrownstockings vd9.com .. was not going to sell it since offers were too low and i wanted to build it up .. but , inbrownstockings contacted me by PM Re an old post and offered the asked price

I took it, anyway now i got a Paypal charge back, and they didn't pay by e-check they paid clear.

name used was :"Teresa Clodfelter"
of NC

buyers email on Paypal is:
[email protected]

on whois info is:
Teresa Clodfelter
2281 Arnold Road

Lexington NC, 27295 US
Phone: +1.9383 84732864
[email protected]

enom account ID:Instockings

now this is different then some of you other guys got

Exact same info for two domains I sold to inbrownstockings for which I am getting a chargeback at paypal. (dysl.com and domd.com)

Does anyone know for sure if this is the case of a stolen paypal account (identity theft) or if it is their real/legit account and they are just playing the chargeback game to keep the names at no cost ?

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there any help that the moderators can provide? Such as registration info for inbrownstockings?

inbrownstockings had to have payed for their membership at DNForum and I don't think they paid using the seemingly stolen Paypal account they used to pay for the domains purchased here.

Completely Agree. Admin should provide account details of InBrownStockings in this thread

well i sold a domain to inbrownstockings vd9.com .. was not going to sell it since offers were too low and i wanted to build it up .. but , inbrownstockings contacted me by PM Re an old post and offered the asked price

I took it, anyway now i got a Paypal charge back, and they didn't pay by e-check they paid clear.

name used was :"Teresa Clodfelter"
of NC

buyers email on Paypal is:
[email protected]

on whois info is:
Teresa Clodfelter
2281 Arnold Road

Lexington NC, 27295 US
Phone: +1.9383 84732864
[email protected]

enom account ID:Instockings

now this is different then some of you other guys got

The same a/c info is used while buying my domains by InBrownStockings

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gladly:

Birthdate registered with: August 29, 1982
IP registered with: 172.130.127.87

Ip's used to login:

Paypal info:

Buyer's Name: Teresa Clodfelter
Buyer's Email: [email protected]
Buyer's Transaction ID: 9W628637104414355

Transaction Date: Aug 9, 2008

Shipping Address:
Teresa Clodfelter
2281 Arnold Road
Lexington, NC 27295
United States
Confirmed

Contact Telephone:
336-731-0351

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct...One thing about learning the hard way is it makes us more cautious on future transactions. I too was scammed on a echeck long ago, it was a phone scam that I fell for when I was niave, We were able to go to our bank and reverse the charge 30 days later, far beyond the check clearing.

It usually takes 24-48 hours for the wire to hit your bank anyway.. Once it hits your bank, it cant be reversed.

Normally wire transfers hit your bank in 20 minutes...for me anyway, unless you have a bank in BFE.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe you can still get a charge back with MB if a credit card was used for funding and a dispute is filed afterwards.

Oh ok, sorry about that. Well at least I think it should be harder because with the FSA overseeing them at least it should be a 2 way thing rather than just buyer making fraudulent request.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The IP's are on the AOL network that's not exactly easy to pinpoint. The fact that the Paypal info is real leads to a case of a hijacked account.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I couldn't understand before why this wasn't so.

Airport security wasn't as strict in the U.S....until 9/11.

It's always a balancing act between convenience and security, depending on
which a "considerable" number of people prefer.

If verifying every member is what it takes to try to keep the integrity of this
forum, then I guess so be it.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lookups show the IP addresses all in Washington DC, on AOL as others stated. Perhaps someone could send this info to AOL?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Any word from Godaddy whether they can reverse or undo the push?

Normally wire transfers hit your bank in 20 minutes...for me anyway, unless you have a bank in BFE.

Oddly enough most the bank transfers I've had this year have been from Canada and they usually take 24 -48 hrs. I live in the USA like you do and don't consider Canada BFE.

Regardless of how long it takes, the seller can rest easy knowing that when the funds hit his bank account, it CANT be reversed.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted Adam and he said to email [email protected]. He said that if it was within 10 days that they should be able to reverse the push from my understanding. I emailed them today and am still waiting. I will let you know what happens.

Like I mentioned before i DID talk with Kim by phone, the owner of the paypal account that was used in my transaction. She has contacted her local police dept, paypal and her bank.

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read this thread, I dealt with this user a week/two weeks ago.

He made me an offer for a LLL.net. We agreed and he had send me an e-check through paypal.

But after I stated that I only transfer the name when the funds are cleared and in my account, I never heard of him again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can't recall the web site - it was posted on DNForum before - there is a notorious forum where hackers from India trade cracked paypal accounts and the like. It might be of interest to the authorities.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted Adam and he said to email [email protected]. He said that if it was within 10 days that they should be able to reverse the push from my understanding. I emailed them today and am still waiting. I will let you know what happens.

Like I mentioned before i DID talk with Kim by phone, the owner of the paypal account that was used in my transaction. She has contacted her local police dept, paypal and her bank.

Exactly the same adviced to me by Adam. But i got mail from Godaddy, that
"You (Seller) and buyer have 3rd party contract hence we are unable to reverse domain's push"
I also have notified Adam about this reply (twice) and wating for his response. Though Adam has been helpful in the case but i don't know about what his limitations are.

I will share the outcome in the thread.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They won't do sh*t about it... Same thing happened to me with my domain ps-4.com... they sent payment for $800 with a stolen account and i lost the domain and the money.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godaddy told me the same thing.
as for the authorities, I spoke with the FBI the other night and the agent said for everyone that this has happened to, go to fbi.gov and on the left click the link that says "report internet crime". they will link everyone together that has the same complaint about this person and investigate. He said that there really is no dollar amount they go by before they investigate.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Extremely unlikely GD will do anything even with the DCG connection.

Being a typical large corporation GD sucks in that regard and will not deviate from what their operating policy dictates no matter what. Been there and done that with them over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom