Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Merged Threads About Member - InBrownStockings

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if e-check did clear, it can still be reversed... The only paperless transaction I know of that cant be reversed is bank wire.

The best system to use to ensure no chargebacks is infact www.moneybookers.com It is regulated by the UK Government agency the FSA and thus is insured etc etc. Have a look at website and you will see. Quite a few domain registrars are starting to use them.

DG

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain ULX.in InBrownStockings

he charged back 300 $ which i sold for...

how can i get this domain back or get my money back

How to be safe...secure the amount after you recieve payment...??

:(

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InBrownStockings\\\ulx.in charged back 300$ ..How to get my domain back or money damn

This is sick ;(

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InBrownStockings stole this domain he charged back after i pushed the domain any ways to get the domain or money back

Thanks

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok , can the admins please provide the IPs used by InBrownStockings

its obvious this is frad!! so to kick some ***, lets have ip address on signup ..

and ip address on logins by the user! .. it will help trace the real address of the user.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok , can the admins please provide the IPs used by InBrownStockings its obvious this is frad!! so to kick some ***, lets have ip address on signup .. and ip address on logins by the user! .. it will help trace the real address of the user.

Still too easy to crooks to use proxy servers, or dynamics IPs.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the wrong section.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the suspect these scammers still read us.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont push domain names until echecks have cleared and dont accept paypal from newbies...plain and simple.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Merged various threads about the member InBrownStockings to keep the discussion central and focused.

Adam has announced that we will be introducing mandatory user verification in next few weeks and that should really help curb the fraud.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont push domain names until echecks have cleared.

That is not correct. I recently had a paypal loss on a *paid* echeck which (non-domain) service I held sending out and sent to the dishonest buyer *after* paypal sent me a worthless email saying the echeck had cleared so OK to fulfill the order.

PayPal claimed that they can still reverse a paid echeck because sometimes a bank can will retoactively do a stop-payment on a check even after it had cleared, which I doubt is true but no amount of complaining to paypal did any good and I lost the money.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam has announced that we will be introducing mandatory user verification in next few weeks and that should really help curb the fraud.

Could you explain this process in a little more detail. Like user verification for forum or domain, and how this will be done.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can monitor me through my blog if you wish. Who am I? I was just a failure domainer who's trying to return to domaining world. Even though I've lost thousands of dollars in my domain investment due to my rash decisions on buying domains, I'm not going to quit.

So your blog is titled "Make a living from domain names" but you can't make a living from domain names yourself? Interesting....

Even if e-check did clear, it can still be reversed... The only paperless transaction I know of that cant be reversed is bank wire.

Actually they can, only within the first 8 hours or so from when the bank sends it.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PayPal claimed that they can still reverse a paid echeck because sometimes a bank can will retoactively do a stop-payment on a check even after it had cleared, which I doubt is true but no amount of complaining to paypal did any good and I lost the money.

Correct...One thing about learning the hard way is it makes us more cautious on future transactions. I too was scammed on a echeck long ago, it was a phone scam that I fell for when I was niave, We were able to go to our bank and reverse the charge 30 days later, far beyond the check clearing.

Actually they can, only within the first 8 hours or so from when the bank sends it.

It usually takes 24-48 hours for the wire to hit your bank anyway.. Once it hits your bank, it cant be reversed.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct...We were able to go to our bank and reverse the charge 30 days later, far beyond the check clearing.

Thast is what my dishonest services buyer did. He must have heard a paid echeck can't be stopped except for fraud so all he did is what others do too in that he told them it was fraud and some mysterious person used his checking acct without his knowledge so even though paypal had said it was safe to ship out the order I lost the money.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bottom line: don't use Paypal for transactions with people you haven't established a strong trading relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom