Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.MOBI crashes Sedo... WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will say 'rigged'

How can you explain two bidders (no. 12 and 13) coming in when the auction restarts (there were only 11 bidders in the original auction) and driving up the prices to 611k which Sedo KNEW was the original winner's proxy? Maybe it was Sedo's marketing, but its just too convenient to find buyers with 600k sitting around in cash within the span of a few hours, buyers who hadn't even bothered to bid in the original auction suddenly having so much interest in the name.

I would love to see Sedo sued on this and have the facts come out clean.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Snapnames may of layed off Halverez and he's now working at Sedo.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What about the loooooong last "minute" with invest.com hovering around the $1 million mark? ;)

Snapnames may of layed off Halverez and he's now working at Sedo.

That d*ckhead actually still bids on every Snapnames domain, then rides the auction up a few notches. Took my $80 bid for Athenian.info to $150.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about the loooooong last "minute" with invest.com hovering around the $1 million mark? ;)

Because Invest.com definitely deserves it.

All those championing the auction here can't really explain how bidders no. 12 and 13 suddenly joined the auction when it restarted and drove prices up to 611k - the original winners' proxy.

Give me a good enough answer to that, and I'll keep quiet.

And don't tell me that bidders 12 and 13 were just speculators. Heck, if they were speculators, where were they in the original auction? Its easy to find rich speculators within 2 hours, isn't it?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Whether it deserves it or not, that's irrelevant. Sedo's auction of invest.com went into extra time like a soccer game, without any bids. It's ridiculous that numbers seem to not matter and one (1) minute is extended to almost ten.

The entire online auction game reeks of byzantine scenarios.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's called fraud, misrepresentation, unfair business practices, & even conspiracy..if the above is true.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The long minute? It happened, I witnessed it.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last thing Sedo will want is to be hauled up in front of an American court, every little last detail of their business will be disected for the whole industry to see. Can you imagine if you are a Sedo witness and you are asked a series of questions like:

'Have you ever known an event or events where Sedo acted unethically in your experience?'

'Have you, or to your knowledge, any other employee or member of the Sedo company deliberately misled someone who parks their domains at Sedo about the earnings on their domains?'

'Is there in your experience at any time been occassion when emails from clients have purposfully not been replied to?'

I mean the list just goes on and on. Also of course Sedo would have to provide paper copies of financial dealings, etc.. Now how long do you think it would take for copies or links to copies to appear on here and other forums? This is going to crucify Sedo, whilst they beat up the small fry (like me) they could get away with it in reality with impunity, but their mistake was treating the big guys (those with money) with the same contempt they treated the smaller guys.

Of course the longer it goes on the more harm it is also doing Sedo's reputation in the parking business as a whole. Even now Sedo's prestige will have been harmed and they will not have the same power as before because hanging over their heads is the possibility of a catastrophic civil case against them.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because Invest.com definitely deserves it.

All those championing the auction here can't really explain how bidders no. 12 and 13 suddenly joined the auction when it restarted and drove prices up to 611k - the original winners' proxy.

Give me a good enough answer to that, and I'll keep quiet.

And don't tell me that bidders 12 and 13 were just speculators. Heck, if they were speculators, where were they in the original auction? Its easy to find rich speculators within 2 hours, isn't it?

They (sedo) could be a bit more transparent. Why do they have bidder numbers rather than handles? Somehow I don't think bidders 12 and 13 will be posting here to verify their bids.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree.. If it is indeed wrong doing then that is nothing short of fraud. I have said it before and I will keep saying it till it happens. Parking Programs and Online Auctions of this value need to be audited by a third party.

I have noted on some of my bids that a bidder comes in the last minute and bids $100 short of my maximum proxy bid even on my obscure amounts and then they never bid again.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parking Programs and Online Auctions of this value need to be audited by a third party.

Absolutely! There is a black cloud of non transparency hanging over the internet right now, and it starts at the top with Google. Parking programs, AdSense and YPN, drop auctions, aftermarket auctions... I honestly feel if we could all see behind the curtain, we would be shocked by the level of fraud and corruption. I certainly hope change is around the corner.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vision said:
Certain people under the disguise of "constructive criticism" have the motive to make MOBI look bad...

Can you say conspiracy theory? BTW I think GrassyKnoll.mobi is still available.

Vision said:
Case in point, do you see dotMobi naysayers and others consistently hyperventilate, and bad mouth .us, .org, .eu, .info, .tv .biz or the other 250 domain extensions?

Answer: No.

Why the attacks on .mobi?

Because 13 month old Mobi is one of the most accomplished domain extensions to enter the marketplace.

Michael

Not quite. Has a lot more to do with the fact that people into those other ext's you mentioned don't post every week if not every day about how .mobi is taking over the mobile internet etc...truth is that the mobi lovers are the only ones that seem to belive .mobi is going to cut into anyones else's non mobi profits...get it straight. Seriously, it's like a few of you guys are trying to start your own religion and the rest of us non-believers need to be saved...give it a rest.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....a web bubble that is sure to burst, ummm I mean .mobi

...switch is around and what does it spell? "i bom" as in I BOMB...because It's just not gonna ever be .com! :eek:k:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you say conspiracy theory? BTW I think GrassyKnoll.mobi is still available.

Not quite. Has a lot more to do with the fact that people into those other ext's you mentioned don't post every week if not every day about how .mobi is taking over the mobile internet etc...truth is that the mobi lovers are the only ones that seem to belive .mobi is going to cut into anyones else's non mobi profits...get it straight. Seriously, it's like a few of you guys are trying to start your own religion and the rest of us non-believers need to be saved...give it a rest.

Poker, poker, poker.

I'm truly flattered by your obsession with me.

Poke, as long as dotMobi smear merchants and anti-mobi propogandists like yourself troll, I will continue to refute, and post news & opines with respect to the dotMobi namespace.

You just gonna have to learn to get used to the good dotMobi news. If not, you are welcome to change the channel or piss & moan about .mobi elsewhere.

Remember folks, success breeds critics & envy. Welcome it.

Cheers!

Michael

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember folks, success breeds critics & envy.

Umm...success? You mean lots of advertising and hype, possible shill bidding and one confused buyer with much more money than sense? Yeah, we have a real champion on our hands here LMAO :confused:

I think you are confusing the term "envy" with "voices of reason" ;)

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Umm...success? You mean lots of advertising and hype, possible shill bidding and one confused buyer with much more money than sense? Yeah, we have a real champion on our hands here LMAO :confused:

I think you are confusing the term "envy" with "voices of reason" ;)

I'm gonna be neednig some salt and butter for ma' popcorn.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Poker, poker, poker.
I'm truly flattered by your obsession with me.

Wow, now you really sound delusional. This is the first time I've ever quoted and responded to you.
Sounds more like your obsessed with yourself. I guess that would explain all the cheerleading you do for .mobi here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom