Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.MOBI crashes Sedo... WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah hell. Lets close this now.
Time will tell where .mobi will go.

For now, i'm regging typos of Music and Games .mobi :smilewinkgrin:

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For everyone who's invested in .mobi I wish you the best efforts in development. Domain valuations are a function of sales and lead generation potential, and while the mobile internet is going to grow it's unfair to necessarily link that trend with .mobi. That being said, forward-looking functionality surrounding mobile access is beneficial to the entire name space, especially the well established extensions.

XF.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aron, you dog. Let me know which one.

Gerry

JOKES.mobi

It's one that can be easily used from a mobile phone,
wont take much to develop.
People like quick things like jokes and horoscopes and scores.

So, I decided to nab that one.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How often do you goto jokes.com

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because Invest.com definitely deserves it.

All those championing the auction here can't really explain how bidders no. 12 and 13 suddenly joined the auction when it restarted and drove prices up to 611k - the original winners' proxy.

Give me a good enough answer to that, and I'll keep quiet.

And don't tell me that bidders 12 and 13 were just speculators. Heck, if they were speculators, where were they in the original auction? Its easy to find rich speculators within 2 hours, isn't it?

Well, the original auction time hadn't finished - so no-one can say that that they wouldn't have been in the original auction. Ever been to a property (real estate) auction? Half the time a new bidder will come in when he thinks all others have exhausted their bids. I was trying to place my second bid on a name when things went tits-up - that could've quite easily have been my first bid; everyone has their own bidding styles.

And, who's to say that Alvaro didn't place a $1m proxy bid - we don't know. In every auction ever placed, where there are two or more bidders, someone has to come second.

Give me a good enough answer to that, and I'll keep quiet.

Any chance ? ;);)

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, question, even the strongest .mobi supporters have to wonder about some of these sales. Seriously, this has to be the biggest joke ever!

kiss.mobi for $23,777

Traffic.mobi for $36,008

Seriously?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you think of it...
I am wondering if the frenzy that sparked the high prices didn't really start when Rick bought flowers for 200K. Rick is not even a mobi believer, he is testing the waters with a few names and to him 200K is pocket change... but other people are going to get burnt badly.
I mean, it is ironic that a healthy skeptic is unintentionally raising the bar so high for the real cheerleaders ;)

In response to Sasha...
To me, the fact that none of the bigger domainers were in on the auction suggests that the hype will eventually run out.
The big domainers are the ones who drive and sustain the hype. The fact that Alvaro won all the top six domains means that Kevin, Frank, Rick, etc. stayed out of ALL the auctions. These guys wouldn't have let all the big names go. And if these guys stayed out, then it definitely tells you something.
Keep in mind that as industry leaders, Frank, Rick, Kevin, etc. have access to a lot more inner knowledge that we guys don't have. If they stayed out, they must've stayed out for a reason.
I think you may be overestimating the knowledge of certain big domainers, they are not omniscient and they take gambles too. Besides I think Rick has enough names to play with, no need for more.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, question, even the strongest .mobi supporters have to wonder about some of these sales. Seriously, this has to be the biggest joke ever!

kiss.mobi for $23,777

Traffic.mobi for $36,008

Seriously?

Traffic is a brilliant name for .mobi - sounds cheap to me!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what about notraffic.mobi?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at least a 100k right? lol

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Traffic.mobi for $36,008

Seriously?
Seriously? If you are traveling and want traffic reports, road conditions, weather...what are you going to turn on to get immediate results and up to the minute reports? The radio?

How about turning on your phone.

Do you think traffic has to be about domain names?

Seriously?

Want to see how it works?

Go to en-route.mobi, click on traffic, enter city and state.

Seriously!

To me, the fact that none of the bigger domainers were in on the auction suggests that the hype will eventually run out.
Ah, yes. We want to close this up tight and make it a private club. Makes sense to me.

Keep the same old money circulating amount the 'playas' and don't let anyone else in.

Are you serious? how do you know that none of the big domainers were in this? Speculation or hype?

And why can there not be a new breed of bigger domainers with new money in the industry? Is that not what we all want?

Forget that this even a dot mobi. This is the entire industry that needs an injection of new playas and new money.

Do you sell only to established members on this forum?

Do you buy only from Rick, Frank, Sahar and the rest?

And if people can not understand or phanthom the possibility that there are great generic keywords out there in numerous languages waiting to be picked up and ignor emerging markets, I have a question...why does Frank own some Arabic words? And not in .com?

Hype or speculation?

alvarodejh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I heard there are some bidders that lost on the bidding because the 3 time extentions placed by Sedo due to their machines crashing. I have yet to pay for the names until I talk to them and understand the impact they will cause in all of this. For all fairness to them and to all of the .MOBI community, I like to talk to them. Can someone tell them to contact me here: [email protected]

Thanks,

Alvaro

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I heard there are some bidders that lost on the bidding because the 3 time extentions placed by Sedo due to their machines crashing. I have yet to pay for the names until I talk to them and understand the impact they will cause in all of this. For all fairness to them and to all of the .MOBI community, I like to talk to them. Can someone tell them to contact me here: [email protected]

Thanks,

Alvaro
Alvaro,

I will contact a few on your behalf that I am able to reach.

There is no animosity at all towards you.

I will also be PMing you.

Thank you for expressing a willingness to discover a resolution.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From Frank's blog 12/6/07:
"***FS***Sell Alvaro .. run like the wind and sell. This man will be joining Dr. Van Neeste in the land of irrelevance shortly."

QED.
Yes, and I ask Frank every morning which leg to put in my pants first and if I should use one ply or two ply.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks,

Alvaro

Wow, that's an honorable post. Very refreshing to read.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.MOBI crashes Sedo... WOW! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
haythemk

Today 08:42 AM

177 3,223 Domain News

Doing a hell of a job keeping this little bit of news alive. Currently showing 15 members and 8 guests here at the moment.

Great job mobi/anti-mobi team! great for DNF rankings and getting mobi on the charts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom