Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats right guys, it happened to me in 5 different categories. First they ask you for a 0.05 bid, then .1 , .2 , .5 and in 4 days it will ask you for $1, then after two more days it says $5 minimum...

You can get in touch with support dept. by deleting (they will stay in your account, only the status will change from active to deleted) all of your campaigns, a message will appear and ask you if you want to chat with support.

Remember to post your experience using adwords, thats what this thread is all about.

shopperx

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a the relevant error kind of message from Adwords on my old .25c phrase which jumped to $5.00 today. Got this on 7 different keywords/phrase:

".....If you want to re-activate this keyword for search immediately, increase its maximum CPC. Selecting the minimum required bid will activate the keyword immediately, without affecting your other keywords. Keyword: Max CPC bid: $0.25. Minimum bid: $5.00"

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
guys, adwords is like this since months now, they "assume", that if your ad gets nearly no clicks, that it's not targeted and so they want a premium from you to display it, although it is "irrelevant" (in the eyes of google) - and as only a few people are interested in buying domains, you can't change that - that's where google adwords sucks... they don't make a difference between "$1000 product" and "free whatever" ads - the "free whatever" is automaticely cheaper, because it's clicked more and looks more relevant to google, although the high priced product may be the more targeted ad, no clicks, no cheap prices... hope that helps you understand.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adwords system is now using a combo of landing page analysis and CTR to determine ad quality. Then your pricing and placement is determined by this.. The new "ad quality" system was designed to shake Affiliates out of bidding...

If you build a landing page that appears to related content your bids will be lower. You can also just delete that ad and create another ad, this temporarily "fools" the adwords system into allowing lower bids while they evaluate your landing page.

Steve

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no problems with adwords but the problem is there are no offers or sales so far. Half of my names are at sedo and I see an increase on views.

To see the number of people viewing your sedo sale page (not the parked page) go to sedo>mysedo>domain management > change standard overview to sales overview> on last column on the right click on the arrow poining down.

If you are linking to a sedo sale page the destination url will be like below where "yourdomain.xyz" stands for your domain.

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=yourdomain.xyz&partnerid=12345

Replace 12345 with your partner id if you have one. Otherwise you can clean off that part:
http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=yourdomain.xyz

Except the us version you can also link to uk, es, fr and german sedo sale pages. Just open the us version and on top you will see buttons.

If the destination url shows sedo.de the website name on advert should match this instead showing sedo.com.

Has anybody tried advertising to a location. It is amazing. A world map opens and type a name or postal code and then you can zoom in or out. And then you chose the circle and it actually shows a ring covering 20 miles or whatever. I'm advertising this way for a hotel name. It is "TownnameHotels.com" type domain.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not tried pointing to a sedo page, but as sedo are Google partners. It may be an issue as to why the increased costs.

I really would encourage people to point to your own for sales page or one on AfterNIC. I know this works well for me.

With another 2 domains pending sale (put to auction) I know that this works.

How I marketed my domains is that I targeted the vanity of the Marketing Departments. I chose 10 potential companies that the domain would suit, figured out what keywords they sponsor and targeted the name of those respective companies and the keywords they would most likely choose in a hope that they would google themselves. :p

Your domains have to be targeted to a specific market niche. Its a waste of time trying to sell a mortgage domain unless its targeted at a specific key demographic.

You really need to think outside the box, dont go spending your domain earnings on a long shot unless you are prepared to put in the time and the money.

Diversify, sponsor keywords like "keyword domains" "domain investments", as well as the target market keywords.

Keep your weekly budget to about 10% of your portfolio earnings, its all about reinvesting.

Domain Trader
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you once again for your tips. :)

I am going to promote one of my domain using this method as the keywords in domain have high competition in AdWords.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New Idea:

How about creating your own RSS feed of all your domains and then submitting it to all the RSS Directories?

Title, Description, Price, Link

If anyone is interested I am sure I can code an XML generator for your CSV Files. Just let me know.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New Idea:

How about creating your own RSS feed of all your domains and then submitting it to all the RSS Directories?

Title, Description, Price, Link

If anyone is interested I am sure I can code an XML generator for your CSV Files. Just let me know.

I understand technically what you're suggesting, but who are "all the RSS Directories", and why would they want our RSS feed?

I like people who always are willing to try new ideas :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Places Like http://www.plazoo.com/

There are THOUSANDS of RSS search engines out there. That accept RSS Submissions

People use these feeds every day to find relative content for there sites.

Its just another route to market. No harm can be done from trying.

I am not one to sit back and park.. Innovation is what its all about.

Just ensure you put in a good description of the domain.

Whats the worse that could happen?

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was unfamiliar with Adwords before reading this thread, so decided to give it a try.

Starter or Standard?
I started out with the Starter Edition, but quickly realized that I needed to move to the Standard Edition to get the control I wanted. Lot of options here - not for the faint of heart :cool:

Quality?
I too was surprised about how minimum bids were calculated. I thought it would/should be based on competition, but instead learned about their "Quality" rankings. Better performing keywords cost less - go figure.

Matching options for keywords
You definitely want to understand the matching options for keywords in order to reduce your cost and target your ads more effectively! The default is broad, but I chose to use exact matching (phrase matching is another option).

Estimating clicks
My first test is with the keyword phrase "social networking". I was surprised to see that they estimated I would only get 3-5 clicks per day. We'll see how accurate that is.

Ad Placement
You can also specify your preferred add placement on the page. I chose a range of 1-6 (which is what I can see without scrolling down - obviously this varies with your browser/screen setup).

Awesome thread.

- BlueSkies

sunroof

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have used AdWords for years to buy traffic for my sites, and I always enabled the option to display my ad on Google content partner sites. However, I just started listing a few of domain names for sales using Adwords, and turned off the option to display the ad on the content partner sites.

Why? My reasoning is that Adwords advertisers who may be potential buyers for my domain names are only looking at the search results on Google, and not on the the content partner sites. So, I would suggest disabling the content partner sites if you are trying to sell domains with AdWords.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sunroof:

I totally agree, and I have only been targeting the search results, however I did set up a another campaign with "HIGHLY TARGETED" phrase and let it loose on the content site. 0 clicks but MASSIVE Exposure.

Another option is Press Releases. This can be somewhat of a hard task, but stick at it.

I say this because I was involved with a press release on another subject for my company, and it got picked up by BBC, SKY and a few others requesting more information. I was so shocked by its success and by the mere fact that it was free.

I have noticed some unknowns stating that they were selected to broker off some premium domains (during my Press Release Research), however looking at the whois of the domains for sale it all resolved to the company releasing the press release, I googled the domains and found out that the PR was picked up by Hundreds of websites including www.forbes.com.

The press release was well written and really was inspiring.

I still continue to have success with selling domains on AfterNIC via adwords, this month saw another 2 domains purchased at reg fee being sold.. granted the sales were both for $XXX, after commission fees and adwords fees I still managed to turn a profit of 2500%

I have a sale out there now for €7500, it may come in, fingers crossed and an enquiry on a domain for £3000 ($5.5k)

This thread is not a guarantee of success, meerly meant as a guide and to inspire you all to think outside the box. Make it your own, change it, and cater it to your own requirements and when you have a success please post it.

We tend to get tunnel vision of our own methods of searching for domains to buy and sell, but we are not all alike and hence the reason to share the knowledge.

success is not a door, its a stairway and unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom