Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Parked:I regret that my account has been suspended though I don't know why you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The U.S. is not a third world country yet, but we have thousands of professionals in Washington working on it as we speak. Just give us time, we will get there.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com currently the only park domain company paying 2 times per month . I can't imagines how people still keeping complaining ?

nameparking

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the ppc company must be died someday because click cheat

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be one of his family members yelling at you.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Parked.com is a very reliable company in USA. I am very proud of that.

One better thing is that I have my domains parked there.
One bad thing is that there are people out there criticizing other countries, which I hope it stops. I don't know why when we start talking about domains, it ends up to a certain country, and end up badmouthing the whole country. As I am proud of my nation, I am sure that others are proud to be a part of their country too. I hope that we will see more of domain talk and less of criticizing other countries as this forum is dnforum not criticize forum.

I am proud of my nation and parked.com, and even if parked.com was in another country, I will respect them. I hope all fraudsters will stop and come to their senses that they will get caught!
Parked.com is doing a great job and I want to encourage them and say “Cheer Up”.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its pretty hard not to conclude that click fraud runs rampent in eastern Asia after reading this thread. I am not bashing anyone's country, but there certainly seem to be enough people from China scamming this industry. Those are the facts. Period.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not bashing anyone's country, but there certainly seem to be enough people from China scamming this industry. Those are the facts. Period.

yea the bitter truth.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you take 100 unique people from China for example who signup, maybe 5-10 over the course of a month will be terminated for whatever. Unfortunately those 5-10 sometimes create 100 accounts each thinking that a few accounts will slip through the cracks.

Now this isn't just in China, Turkey, Romania, India, and Iran are the same way. Sure I could just block those countries completely, but they would just use proxies servers in Canada or England. Those are the guys who think they are slick, but they are usually easier to detect than the people who put in their correct country and use a local isp.

I personally have no problems with any country, I do like to blame Canada for a lot of things, especially since they "worship" the queen of england. Which makes no sense to me, get your own queen! :)

I can tell you that for every new signup we have we are really checking the information they are providing us. And flagging them based on bogus information. We have found that fake contact information is the number one detection of fraudlent accounts.

China does have a lot of people who attempt to commit fraud against us, unfortunately if they would only spend the same amount of time working on their sites as they do attempting to cheat parking companies, they would probably be very rich. Instead they are stuck with domains, that are worthless.

Donny

somayyeh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
I,m sure parked.com is an indian company!
They have suspend my account without any notice or explanation!
I hope other users remove their domains from this system befor they lose their money !

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally have no problems with any country, I do like to blame Canada for a lot of things, especially since they "worship" the queen of england. Which makes no sense to me, get your own queen! :)

Donny

thanks Donny - now I have that silly SouthPark song in my head... "blame canada, blame canada..." LOL And the English can keep their Queen, we've got Celine Dion.:peace:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks Donny - now I have that silly SouthPark song in my head... "blame canada, blame canada..." LOL And the English can keep their Queen, we've got Celine Dion.:peace:

We used tucows/opensrs for years, and at one time we were there largest reseller, so we dealt with them all of the time. After we usedthem for about six months they sent a group of guys down to see us. That was a night that one of them would never remember, one wished he could, one couldn't figure out how you have a $9,000 dinner bill for 8 people. But we had a great time.

I just remember telling the guy who got stuck with the bill to tell the boss, that the problem the bill was so high was the currency conversion. And to just blame the canadian currency for it. So all of the opensrs guys started signing a "blame canada" song. It was weird, but it sure was funny. Not nearly as funny as the one guy who smoked looking for those fancy canadian cigarettes in the US.

Donny

DomainTakers

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Initially, I loved parked.com
3 months later, I'd recommend to not go near them

My scenario,
OVer the 3 months, I've transitioned my domains over to parked.com
(being paid every 2 weeks and their cool layouts, i thought they rocked).

Fast forward from May until today, and my account is suspended.

Lets see...
1. My CTR was in the low 40% range
2. My revs per click were .08 - .28 depending on the domain, the average every pay period was about .12-.13 for all domains.
3. I never clicked or had people click on the ads.
4. The day before I get paid, they suspend my account.

The phone number i got through a whois lookup sent me to some guy with no reference to parked.com, just "my name is .....". I left a message, and sent 2 emails.

I can understand parked.com getting rid of true fraudsters, but for someone like me who has been with them since may, to not even get a reasoning for it is HORRIBLE business practices... their name will only be ruined.

If others are interested in contacting parked.com, you wont find a phone number on their website. Go do a whois lookup, its the only number i found

regards

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainTakers - it seems our friends over at craigslist decided they didn't want you to spam your domains on their service anymore, so they contacted us about it.

http://www.craigslist.org/fur/204114915.html

And look, you posted that today, and you got terminated today.

Almost every domain you own is posted on craigslist. I can't believe we didn't catch it sooner.

Donny

DomainTakers

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DonSimon:

Your going to tell me that the entire 3 month time that I've been with Parked.com, you have not once mentioned this to me... not once...

However, you gladly took the revenues that came your way without any communication ....you work with your partners, you dont suspend without any emails / updates.

Not good business practice in ANY country.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainTakers,

Why should Parked.com or any other parking company warn you about blatent fraudulent activity? This type of practice is clearly written out in every TOS (terms of service) agreement that parking companies use.

No advertiser want this type of traffic as it's not what they are paying for. They want true "type-in" or "search-engine" traffic.

Parked.com has every right to cancel your account since you are going out of your way to do things you agreed not to do when putting your domains on their system!

The more this type of very questionable traffic is removed from parking sites the better it is for everyone else who does follow the rules. It's not wise to try and "fool" parking services like this. It's possible all your domains are now banned on all Overture/Yahoo based parking services.

You now need to decide for yourself if the domains in question have enough legit traffic to even be worth parking (many aren't). If so, clean up your act and put them on another service where they are still welcome BUT do yourself a favor and read the TOS 2 to 3 times to make sure you COMPLETELY understand what is and what is NOT allowed. If something you plan on doing is in a gray area then write to support and ask them BEFORE you do it.

Your not going to set off bells and whistles by asking if such and such is allowed, but you will get caught if you don't ask. It's just a matter of time.

Carlo

DomainTakers

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cayars / Carlo:
While I agree with some of your points.. I do respectfully disagree on some of the points....

You see, technically speaking... this is the gray area of traffic. All my traffic is voluntarily typed in and is not improperly clicked. The question comes in with regard to "spam". What was done, is not considered spam to many (but on the other side, is considered to some) ...

I also agree with you concerning this, the next parking service, I will explicitly state what I'll be doing to determine if it is acceptable by the parking service company..

My issue with parked.com is their lack of communication .. that is truely a horrible business practice.. if it one a one off deal.. sure i can understand no communication.. but to consistently have a partnership for a little over 3 months then one quick rip... HORRIBLE business practice.. period

Regards

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainTakers, I didn't terminate you myself, or you would have gotten something explaining the problem. You see we are in Tampa right now and one of our guys was looking for furniture for his new place, when he ran into your domain last night. He's in charge of our fraud department. So if there was one person you did not want to find when you are spamming is him.

Then today, one of my friends from craigslist sent in an email complaining about your account as well. That is when your account was terminated.

And just so you know, I am not aware of any parking company that will allow you to spam craigslist.

Donny

DomainTakers

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DonSimon / Donny:

I believe the point that is being missed in the details here is this:

Parked.com did not directly communicate with its partners (ME) concerning any issues with an account.

Its irrelavent which employee/owner/etc. actually terminates an account. This all pertains to the same entity of parked.com. Parked.com should have had some form of contact with me, or ANY partner that has these issues.

As for spamming, read my reference from my previous post.

Regards

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainTakers,
I'm not sure if when your account was terminated the person had the button checked to send you an email or not. I do know that for the 2 months or so we have been normally sending emails when somebody has been terminated. We did not keep track of that until about 10 minutes ago.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom