Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Parked:I regret that my account has been suspended though I don't know why you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, this is getting interesting. At least I had the gonads to pull the plug on parked after only a few days of smoke and mirror magic of disappearing revenue and clicks before all of this happened.

I can't wait to see where this is going to go and how this is going to play out.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is may heat enough to where I disclose what parking service screwed me out of nearly 3K

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is may heat enough to where I disclose what parking service screwed me out of nearly 3K
Why are we putting up with this? They (the parking) companies exist because of us...not the other way around.

There has got to be hundreds of thousands of domains represented on this one forum. Surely that is enough clout to get our own DNF parking program with feeds. I would venture to say that DNF members have a total number of domains equal to and perhaps surpassing some of these programs.

Take away several hundred thousand domain and someone may get the message.

All of what I am reading and seeing is nightmarish and absurd!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why are we putting up with this? They (the parking) companies exist because of us...not the other way around.

There has got to be hundreds of thousands of domains represented on this one forum. Surely that is enough clout to get our own DNF parking program with feeds. I would venture to say that DNF members have a total number of domains equal to and perhaps surpassing some of these programs.

Take away several hundred thousand domain and someone may get the message.

All of what I am reading and seeing is nightmarish and absurd!

Your right, I think I was one of the first to suggest we start our own parking program, but it has many obstacles. When I heard about DNF starting theirs, I was very excited about it but it still has not gotten off the ground.

Right now I'm converting my domains into Adsense sites, basically taking control of my domains, I trust Google a hell of lot more than I trust these "middlemen" PPC providers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm converting my domains into Adsense sites, basically taking control of my domains, I trust Google a hell of lot more than I trust these "middlemen" PPC providers.
I am also doing this. I have had to delay and put this off until after tax season but now it is full steam ahead.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

My experience has been that's a good way to turn $200 worth of revenue into $20 worth of revenue. Hope you have a better experience than I did.

I don't know where all of your guys frustration is coming from. Maybe your just playing with the wrong people. Like I've said before, In an industry like this you find the best and stick with them. Create a relationship and be loyal. Everybody's jumping around, trying to temporarily maximize. Clients have responsibility in a relationship to, not just suppliers.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Create a relationship and be loyal. Everybody's jumping around, trying to temporarily maximize. Clients have responsibility in a relationship to, not just suppliers.

Your right, and I do have good relationships with most PPC providers, the problem is that some domains perform better with some ppc providers than with others, so I'm chasing that extra performance and rev like you say.

If your domains are earning lets say 5K a month, before you move those domains over to a new service, ask yourself this; Do I trust this service with $7500 of my money? (which is 45 days of rev before you get paid) if they pull the plug, it seems to always happen on payday.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent stew2yk a PM, I would like to handle this in private if possible.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Google bought Doubleclick; Yahoo feeds will suck more. Parked uses Yahoo. Nuff said.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com - We pay way over a million a month to our partners right now. $3500 is a decent amount but it's only about 0.02% of our total.

I still stand by our finding that this account was terminated for legitimate reasons. You do not know all of the facts, I have sent stew2yk a PM, but he has not responded to my message. I do not want to bring the facts to an open forum, but I will if that is what is needed. If he explains certain things to me and proves the traffic was legitimate, than he will be reactivated and he will be paid.

And just so you know if you go through the thread as well, you will notice that I terminated somebody who had more than $25,000 as well. We terminate accounts almost everyday for one cheating us one way or another. It just depends on when they show up on our radar.

Donny

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com - We pay way over a million a month to our partners right now. $3500 is a decent amount but it's only about 0.02% of our total.

I still stand by our finding that this account was terminated for legitimate reasons. You do not know all of the facts, I have sent stew2yk a PM, but he has not responded to my message. I do not want to bring the facts to an open forum, but I will if that is what is needed. If he explains certain things to me and proves the traffic was legitimate, than he will be reactivated and he will be paid.

And just so you know if you go through the thread as well, you will notice that I terminated somebody who had more than $25,000 as well. We terminate accounts almost everyday for one cheating us one way or another. It just depends on when they show up on our radar.

Donny
Thanks Donnie. Just curious. Seems the parking industry is in turmoil all the way around. Not just a parked issue.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. This industry is changing everyday. And if anybody slows down for one minute it will pass us all by.

I have a good termination story for you. This happened to us about 6 months ago. One of the webmasters of a large company that owns a lot of domains decided he needed a Christmas bonus, so between midnight and 5am everyday he would randomly redirect some of his companies domains to us. They were very generic high quality domains. Nothing ever showed up on any of our fraud filters, but one day they asked why their domains had gone up like 25% one day so we checked and noticed which domains they were and we kind of all got a laugh that they were being parked with us at night.

Two weeks goes by and I get a call from another person in that company asking about what was happening. The original person who signed up was fired that night for stealing from the company. I asked them if they wanted me to shutdown the account, and they said no because we had generated them so much money they may try us with some other domains they own.

Two weeks goes by and we are about to pay the account I look at who will be paid thinking company X, and it's set to the person who called me and got the other guy fired. Seems this guy was the original guys boss. So maybe this was his Christmas bonus.

One week later I get a call from their CEO asking why were some of his domains being pointed to us at night time. I explained the situation, he laughed, asked how much money it was generating and said that's pretty good. When I fire the other guy can I then go in and change the account to pay me? We both laughed about it for a while, he then asked me to shutdown the account, which I did.

A few weeks later the second guy/boss tries to signup for another account, I emailed him and he said that he was at a new company which had much better domains. And he thought we could do triple what we did at the previous company.

Some people never learn.

Donny

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Donny. I didn't read the other pages of the thread but I'm curious to know if situations like this are reported to Google/Yahoo (whoever is used) and if this money that was gained during fraudulent clicks are refunded to Google to refund the advertisers?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Google, I don't know how that works.

With Yahoo, if it is fraudulent clicks, I let Yahoo know about the issue and the account has been terminated. They usually remove the money from our account within about 24 hours. They have told me that they refund the advertisers, I assume they do.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Assuming the traffic was fraudulant, certainly not all of it was. Lets say out of this $3500, that $500 of it was found to be fraudulent, what gives you or any other PPC service the right to keep the remaining? NOT all of the $3500 goes back to Yahoo, and if it did, I would think you would have an obligation to prove it to the person who funds your keeping. I dont have any issues with you Donny, I just question situations like these.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everybody gets fraudulent/invalid traffic, it's just the nature of the beast. That doesn't meant that you are generating that traffic, it just means that your domain(s) will and may be getting some type of bad traffic. The problem is when more than a certain percent is bad traffic, I don't want to give a percentage, but it's rather high. That's when you have to start questioning what is happening.

Let's say somebody is sending us hits from PTR sites, if 1% of it is PTR, it's hard for me to say if they didn't buy the domain and that PTR traffic was there. But if say 50% of all traffic is from PTR then based on the fact that PTR traffic is not allowed, I would either terminate those domains or the account depending on how the traffic is being spread out.

At least 20 times a week, I am sending an email to some of our partners asking them to point a domain somewhere else, or asking them how they are getting certain traffic. We never want to send people away, but sometimes traffic on certain domains are really bad.

When I tell our providers this account has been terminated on say the 28th of the month, I lose the entire month. Not just the past week or pay period. So even though I have paid somebody for a pay period, I won't even get paid for it. I don't tell them these clicks were legit and these were bad. It's an all or nothing type of thing.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think you got your terms there confused, Donny. You meant to say, traffic that the search engines don't deem valuable. If you're seriously accusing en masse the domain parkers of fraudulent traffic you'd better back it up with syslogs of referrers, pop-up campaigns etc. It's funny because it's the very same search engines that generate this traffic they call invalid: visits of scanner bots and crawlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom