Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Parked:I regret that my account has been suspended though I don't know why you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really suddens me to read this thread and the alarming level of CF. I think this poses one of the biggest challenges to the domain industry. Unless this is solved...advertisers will soon reduce their PPC value and the whole concept of parking would be loosing meaning...

76er

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My parked.com account also suspended and I don't know reason.
parked.com .....suck

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Abraham - I completely agree with you 1000%. But as I mentioned before there are so few people that are really comitting click fraud. They remind me of gangs or almost the mafia. Most of them are from 3 countries at least with us. So by stopping these few people at least on our end we should hoping lower the overall click fraud precentage.

asquare

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok
After all these I "show" here I quit..

PS Donny is OK
PS2 sometimes you must read first the terms they have in sites. I just did it. I will do so from now on...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a question. Say a member gets their account closed because of "fraudulent" traffic. Yahoo or the advertisers ask the member he removed because their traffic is not converting. If they are parking 10 domains on 10 different niche's and 1 niche doesn't like the traffic. Will the member be asked to remove their domain from Parked.com or have their whole account cancelled.

They get their account cancelled, and then they go and buy a domain with premium type-in traffic and large conversion rates. Now this member has been sterotyped as bringing "fraudulent" traffic for those names which weren't fraud, but non-converting traffic. How is this member going to park his name at Parked.com? Does Parked.com re-open the account for new domains to be parked with them?

Say the above example now happens with 10,000 domains. Will the member be terminated if a portion of their domains for a certain niche do not perform?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
76er said:
My parked.com account also suspended and I don't know reason.
parked.com .....suck

i havent really tried parked.com but i dont agree ur reasoning.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk - Simple answer. Let's take you example. 1 account, 10 domains, 10 different niches. First you look at the account level, are there conversions? If yes, what is the average conversion across the board on all domains.

If all domains have 100 clicks a week and 5 domains are converting week after week as of today, all domains stay. If you have 1 domain converting and all of the others are doing 0, we may look on a domain level and ask you to remove the other 9 domains. But we don't look on the domain level by default.

But we still wouldn't shut down your account.

Make sense?

Donny

Convergence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very interesting read as we have been testing our parking service over the past 4 months. We won't even allow traffic from proxies or from 3rd world countries as our research has indicated high fraud activity.

As far as low converting % - this is not an uncommon "red flag" as well. As are clicks from domain names that are worthless to begin with.

My question is: how in the world do you pay out $25K and not have a flag thrown up?

"Fraudulent" clicks devalue the entire PPC industry and as Donny mentioned "we will catch you".

Last edited:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does that mean that you would keep domains and pay out on domains that dont convert for advertisers?

You say if 5 convert the other 5 are ok to stay.

Am I reading that wrong?

If they are in 10 different Niche markets then they would not have the same advertisers, therefore Yahoo would turn a blind eye to domains that are not converting as long as you have other domains converting.

I do appologise if I am getting this wrong but that sounds somewhat suspect.

Could you clarify, as from an advertiser point of view I really am not comfortable knowing this.

donsimon said:
jdk - Simple answer. Let's take you example. 1 account, 10 domains, 10 different niches. First you look at the account level, are there conversions? If yes, what is the average conversion across the board on all domains.

If all domains have 100 clicks a week and 5 domains are converting week after week as of today, all domains stay. If you have 1 domain converting and all of the others are doing 0, we may look on a domain level and ask you to remove the other 9 domains. But we don't look on the domain level by default.

But we still wouldn't shut down your account.

Make sense?

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands - Did I say forever? Remember I said as of today! Yahoo not me, looks at the conversion data every day and every week. I don't know when they look at it on a domain level versus account level. But 98% of the time when they ask me to terminate somebody it's on account level. They have asked me to remove certain domains that were not converting, I have asked them about certain domains I was not comfortable with, and they got me to remove them.

If a domain is not converting in the long run it will go away. It just depends on how many clicks that domain is actually generating.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You said "week after week", and I did not mention you I said Yahoo.

Probably best if I get my Yahoo account manager to explain on monday, as this is not the place to discuss.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Convergence - Let me give you a few lessons. What is a third world country? If you lived in Japan you would probably say the US is a third world country. Don't judge a country by it's cover. When I managed our domain registrar 100% of the time we had fraud from one country you may have thought they were third world, but they weren't because they were beating our fraud systems.

$25k doesn't throw up a red flag. Welcome to the parking world, where paying out $25k will be chump change. And remember that sometimes it takes longer than you think to figure out what somebody is doing. It's never as easy as you think. I'm sure that's what siteparker is dealing with right now. As long as they are a legit company. I've seen some people looking for their money from them.

Convergence good luck, it's a fun business, but be prepared to get beat badly, at least at first.

Donny

The biggest problem with Yahoo account managers, is they don't talk to each other. They are like different countries and they are in different parts of the states.

I have a good friend that sells boat insurance, and he uses google and yahoo exclusively. He shared with me the different conversion rates he was having with all of the different parking companies and from the other big places like yahoo.com. He showed me everything, (it helps I wrote his stats system) break downs by domains, clicks, which providers, conversions, fake conversions, countries, everything. It was a real eye opener on my end, I found one person who had sent him 10 clicks, but none of his code even detected a browser visited the site, just an apache hit, no stylesheet loaded, no images loaded, nothing. They were obviously fake clicks, but he paid for them, well at least until he presented his findings to google. :) The clicks weren't from us, but from a google based parking company, but I knew what was happening. And now I know how to stop it.

In the end the numbers helped me to know how an advertiser sees traffic. I averaged out all of the numbers to 100 from all of the different traffic sources I could detect and looked at the conversion numbers. We converted at 43% of all clicks to his conversion tracker, I was impressed. But we were only in second place, one of my old friends who has own Yahoo feed was at 58%, but the bottom of the barrel was at 2%. His quote about the 2%, "I can't sell boat insurance to somebody in Mexico, I'm only licensed in the US.".

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again thanks but I spend thousands on advertising each month at both Yahoo and Google and a few other smaller PPC programs.. I have to say reading your sections threads have really been a wake up call. I never realised the size of this problem. I put it down to over zealous advertisers trying to get more bang for their buck, but clearly this is serious.

Your comments have also given me some ammunition to really make a case of it, and I do sincerely thank you for that, as otherwise I would of remained oblivious to it.

It is unfortunate that I am sitting on both sides of the fence here, but I will not go on paying out good money for advertising with the likes of yahoo if this is the norm

Convergence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
Convergence - Let me give you a few lessons. What is a third world country? If you lived in Japan you would probably say the US is a third world country. Don't judge a country by it's cover. When I managed our domain registrar 100% of the time we had fraud from one country you may have thought they were third world, but they weren't because they were beating our fraud systems.

$25k doesn't throw up a red flag. Welcome to the parking world, where paying out $25k will be chump change. And remember that sometimes it takes longer than you think to figure out what somebody is doing. It's never as easy as you think. I'm sure that's what siteparker is dealing with right now. As long as they are a legit company. I've seen some people looking for their money from them.

Convergence good luck, it's a fun business, but be prepared to get beat badly, at least at first.

Donny

Donny,

Thank you for your reply.

Would not consider Japan as a third world country...However, we have simply "disallowed" clicks from a great deal of countries. Our system also does not report any clicks deemed "invalid", in turn we hope that will discourage those less ethical.

Just because a country may have some of the sharpest minds and are able to defeat anti-fraud protection (for a limited time) doesn't make than a non-third world country, IMO.

We're looking forward to paying $25K+ to one partner, but be sure we'll be watching every penny.

Here's to not being beat too bad, at first.

Best to you and yours, Donny.

PS: Just reread your earlier post re: VeryFine/25K - just now realized that was over 6 weeks...

Last edited:

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
Let's see.
Putao/wangjun/danrong wang and whatever other names you had. Your account was terminated, you sent me an email and a PM and I responded to both of them. I am not going to air your dirty laundry here.

ondera - As I told you in the 3 or 4 emails we had, it wasn't my fault you got terminated. You screwed up in the past with some other Yahoo provider. And that's how you got busted. I never said you did anything wrong with us, or at least that I could find. But I was told to shut you down for past problems.

domain4sell/veryfine what did we pay you like $25k in 6 weeks. Too bad that on $15k of that money not a single person bought anything with advertisers. So you were terminated, at the request of advertisers, not even Yahoo.

Where's joy3g and guawang? Then we can complete the whole "I didn't cheat" group.

We provide a system that will pay you on time and a lot of money if you send real traffic to us. If you use some automated system that makes you money we will catch you, maybe not the first time, but we will catch you.

Donny

Donny,I am guiwang.

I didn't cheat for my names,I have parked my names at other parking company for a long time without any problem,of course I left parked since your team told me the conversion rate is too low.

But remember,conversion rate is too low not mean I am a cheat.

Please don't mention my name or account in your post again.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guiwang,
That wasn't for you. There is a guawang that I was talking about. And I love my wife too!

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
asianinvasion said:
Wow. You just asked for it. Why is it that 95% of everyone who is terminated and starts being a crybaby is from a third-world country? This is something I've been pondering for quite a while...

Likely at least in-part because the ppc firms are more on guard and cautious with the foreign accounts since they already know the ratio of click fraud is much higher in some nations vs North America and Western Europe.

For example, there are virtual armies of women in places like India who sit at home clicking on ads every 60-seconds or so and earn more money than at a regular job. I have actually seen a website advertising it.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
guiwang,
That wasn't for you. There is a guawang that I was talking about. And I love my wife too!

Donny

Donny,

Thank you for your info......:confused_smile:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Click Forensics said the greatest percentage of click fraud, more than 88%, originated within the United States and Canada.

Outside North America, the greatest amount came from within India, which saw a 26% increase in the second quarter.

I think you are likely comparing apples to oranges. The North Amercia stats must you gave must be based on total numbers because of the fact most traffic comes from there anyway, especially valuable traffic, rather than a traffic adjusted perentage ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom