Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tomclowes- abusive blackmailer ~i haven't done deals with him ~ he left me neg fb !

Status
Not open for further replies.

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, if you did not specifically agree to a domain combination for a certain price then there was no agreement on your part. Just because you said to add $100 to the first offer doesn't mean $100 should be added and then any names picked; however, he did say take it or leave it as the offer was good for Valid 30 mins.
Agree, there wasn't even an implied agreement to sell in the first place.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't see any evidence of a deal being made either, he offered you 3 for $550 (with one of them being tlkv), which you then replied to with "Not interested, BUT".

You rejected his counter offer.
He can do what he wants from then on.

Pull your horns in

Last edited:

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If no money was received, no transaction has taken place, so the negative itrader should not be permitted, and a request for removal approved. This is abusing the itrader system.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't see any evidence of a deal being made either, he offered you 3 for $550 (with one of them being tlkv), which you then replied to with "Not interested, BUT".

You rejected his counter offer.
He can do what he wants from then on.

Pull your horns in

If no money was received, no transaction has taken place, so the negative itrader should not be permitted, and a request for removal approved. This is abusing the itrader system.

I think this nails it. Enough said.

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what happens. I am not making any judges yet though.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clowes-Clownes, Stupid Whois Spammer, STFU and DIE !

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TC, if you explicitly restrict the validity of your offer to 20 or 30 minutes, this automatically means there is no deal unless the other party accepts the offer within those 20 or 30 minutes. On top of that you rejected the (add $100) counteroffer.

There is no deal. Period.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol,

I assumed that the deal was official not because I had sent money, but because he said I want this AND I met that offer.

As mentioned MH can sort this, and those who dont want to deal with me OK. Your loss.

I,d just like to point out, whatever everyones opinions are, you 'hate' me because I am the one who gets annoyed when people p**s me around.
The simple fact is if all the members of dnf were honest traders, there would be no 'bait' for situations like this, and then you would like me...

Seems a tad Ironic :)

Also your ability to misconsrue, manipulate the facts, and blatantly lie is suprising.
Best of Luck

Could you tell us a bit more please :?:

I made some lowball offers on some LLLL.com, one of which was WIFI.com
The fact that I sent the email annoys denny, and a couple of others.

The fact I got 3 great names at $100 isnt a factor here. Dennt our ethical hotrod says I shouldnt have done it. Oh please forgive me!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless,

1. Tom Clowes claimed a BIN in the thread or by PM

or..

2. Tom Clowes PM'ed seller an offer, which seller replied to and accepted.

.. then domain newbie (seller) has all the rights to sell the domain(s) to whoever he wishes. I only get the impression that Tom is a little harsh for not being able to purchase the names.. No hard feelings Tom, but I don't think you have a case here and I am sure that the mods will remove domain newbie's negative trader rating.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact I got 3 great names at $100 isnt a factor here. Dennt our ethical hotrod says I shouldnt have done it. Oh please forgive me!

So the fact that you got some deals from spamming, in your mind makes spamming ok?
Why do you think spam exist in the first place? With your reasoning all spam is ok, and should be allowed. :?:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol,

I assumed that the deal was official not because I had sent money, but because he said I want this AND I met that offer.
You made offers valid for 20 or 30 minutes. This means if those offers are not accepted within those 20 or 30 minutes there is no deal. You obviously made a big mistake giving negative rep and now is the time to correct it.

Last edited:

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tbh, The industry is being damaged every day but now it is getting further and further beyond repair. If ALL the facts were presented this would be simple

I am being portrayed in a negative light for no reason. Ill let mh post this, and if i really an wrong, dont worry ill leave you all in peace.

The quality of people here, and the quality of business is going down hill here. Is dnf trying to match the awfulness of np?

Also one thing everyone seems to ignore. . . He accused of of blackmail. What line of ignorant idiot makes such ridiculous and terrible accusations

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No ! Get the facts right before making assumptions. I didnt span anyone to get these deals. Denny simply said that for effect.

I have read the earlier threads too. You sent a large number of unsolicited offers to the whois contacts of domains, which is spamming.
That some owners welcome educated and targeted unsolicited offers doesn't change the fact that what you did was spamming. You'd better read up on the definition of spam.

But that's off topic. In this particular case, if you were negotiating but never reached a deal, you had no right leaving negative feedback, even if you reached his original terms. If he got a better deal with another buyer, he had every right not to sell to you.

Last edited:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He accused of of blackmail. What line of ignorant idiot makes such ridiculous and terrible accusations

You rep him telling he is a con ... need to say more ?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The quality of people here, and the quality of business is going down hill here. Is dnf trying to match the awfulness of np?

I couldn't disagree more. I'm continously doing business with a lot of great people here on DNF and I think that there are way more professional, friendly and stand-up people here, than on any other forum I've been to. Of course there are a few unprofessional domainers here and there, but; - this is the internet, you need to filter out the bad seeds. :)

On the other hand, I have talked a bit with Tom earlier and I've got the impression that he's a nice guy, so .. Relax, go on, there will be plenty of good deals for you to grab in the future.. :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom