Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TQ scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone's estimates went up (including mine).

Donny mentioned that the numbers weren't matching up, so it's better to be not overly optimistic as yet and take today's estimates with a pinch of salt. :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPC is not going to last that much longer as we know it guys, so hold on! ;)
At least with a company as good as parked.com we get the best fighting chance imo :eek:k:

Donny, please keep us updated on all the details you can as you find them out, thanks!

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this means people with good generic domains will be rewarded..

Yes... but who determines what is "good" and what is not?

I would think TARGETED traffic would carry more weight than "generic" with advertisers.

But then again, I'm not the one controlling how much of the cut I keep or pass on.

As an advertiser, I don't see how this helps... the RATE stays the same, it's just the split between Yahoo and the publishers that have changed.

Or am I missing something?

GoPC

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its already a proven fact that domain parking traffic converts 2 or 3 times more than sponsored search traffic.

I do ask myself whether or not Yahoo adjusts their own revenue if a click from there search engine does not convert, me thinks not.

I certainly have a mixed bag of feelings on this, but I do question who gets the better deal? is it the advertisers? parking programs? or Yahoo.

Perhaps once the big advertisers start to realise that domainer traffic is better than search traffic it could open up a whole new concept in domaining and even internet advertising as a whole.

My suggestion is to bundle your domains into niches and offer them for sale :) or perhaps even a leasing option.

Food for thought.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo is not getting a bigger cut, we aren't getting a bigger cut either. The advertiser is getting charged a little less than they were before. I have an advertiser account and I have noticed in a few cases that we have paid a little less than normal.

So far the numbers have been very small so it's hard to tell how much Yahoo has implemented.

Donny

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Donny,

Has Yahoo sent you the TQ scores yet? If so, any idea how long it will take to implement them into the portfolios?

Thanks,
Dave

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dave,
We do plan on publishing the scores, our hope it to help anybody who has a score that is low to improve them, (Hey BrianCarr), but right now the scores are accurate if you are making a lot of money. But are non-existent if you aren't. For example I have a score for somebody who made $1.50 yesterday, but don't for somebody who has been with us for over a year and generated $950 yesterday.

So as of right now until Yahoo has more than 10% of our customers scored, I don't think it would help if at all you saw your score was N/A. My personal account is an N/A, and I wasn't happy when I saw it, so I'm sure nobody else would be either.

But if you are generating more than $50 a day, and you can't wait to see what your score is, pm me your username and I'll let you know. I can tell you some people will be happy and some, well...

Donny

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh, i was under the impression that each domain would have a separate score. Wasn't aware it was a "per account" score.

I trust your judgement, although I am very curious. So whenever you publish them, if you decide to is fine with me.

Thanks,
Dave

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"account scores" ???

So... we should then weed out the less than perfect domains from our Parked.com account so that it doesn't drag down our overall "Score"?

GoPC

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny is it score per domain or per account ? Thank you

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anything, I can see it hurting the parking companys, as people pull lesser performing domains to increase their overall scores

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should we pull out low performing typos with low ctr's before our account's are ranked based on them? Or is it visitor behavior, page views, and conversions being tracked for the scores instead of CTR's?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should we pull out low performing typos with low ctr's before our account's are ranked based on them? Or is it visitor behavior, page views, and conversions being tracked for the scores instead of CTR's?

good question, I would have thought the latter

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far from what I have seen, it's not whether it's a typo or if it's a correct spelled domain, it's all about the volume and does the traffic convert in the end.

I wouldn't pull any domains right now, because it's pretty amazing in some cases what has a high score and what doesn't.

Donny

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh, i was under the impression that each domain would have a separate score. Wasn't aware it was a "per account" score.

I trust your judgement, although I am very curious. So whenever you publish them, if you decide to is fine with me.

Thanks,
Dave

It will not really help the advsertisers unless Yahoo gives idividual scores for each domain. Anyone agrees here?

thanks,

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not worry about pulling domains with low TQ as part of the whole concept of this new addition is to allow the advertisers to refuse to display ads on specific websites and domain names.

Due to the number of domain names that an advertiser could possibly advertise on via Yahoo's Panama, it would not be feasible to list them all inside the advertisers account. One would therefore assume that the advertiser could just simply click and delete all sites/domains with a TQ Quality less than whatever they deem as less than ROI.

Brave move this one by Yahoo, however it will do props to further cleaning out the spammers and scammers.

Again, I am on the fence with this one. I do fear that lack of understanding will cause some advertisers just to delete all domains with a TQ quality of less than 8 or above.

This will of course increase the ROI for the advertisers and may even enable the PPC platform continue for another few years, but will it be sustainable for the parking programs and the domainers? Time will tell.

This sort of platform is bold and risky, it may drive more advertisers to Yahoo, however it will not! drive the Joe Bloggs Searcher away from google, therefore I just dont see the numbers adding up.

I am 100% confident that the advertising revenue overall will not fall, but saying that 80% of the domainer community will see a sharp fall, unless the TQ score of their domains overall will balance it out.

I hate to be all Chicken Little about this, but it certainly is one to watch as all this is, is simply a PPC move over to CPA in a round about way.

PPC (Pay Per Click) or PPCOIIC (Pay Per Click Only if it Converts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom