Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TQ scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back to my example, if you have 10 domains in your account, and the minimum threshold to get a TQ score is 100 clicks per day, and 1 domain gets 91 clicks per day and the other nine get 1 click per day, I don't see how those are hurting your score. Basically they take all 100 clicks and give you a score based on all 100 combined. If you have 1 domain getting 100 clicks per day or 5,000 domains getting a total off 100,000 clicks a day, you get one score which is on an account level not a domain level.

Focus - Javascript. :) The advertisers are supposed to put it on their join/invoice/signup page and it sends a hit back to Yahoo telling them they got a sale. Not all advertisers use it so it's only counted when an advertiser does use it.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if someone ends up on some random site...say papajohns or something :pound: (inside joke) and they order a pizza...then yahoo knows they came from donnyspizza.com or wherever from my account at parked? I would think this would have alot of loopholes in it...alot of transactions take place on the phone, by email, etc...so there has to be alot more imo in the calculations of what a "conversion" is...maybe visitor behavior, pageviews, time on the site, etc? What about source of traffic, i.e. link hits compared to type-in and all that jazz...just some ideas

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Yahoo takes the conversion rate of the whole account and gives you a score that affects the whole revenue.

The question is: Do they take into consideration the different category/categories that domains fall into? If someone has mainly adult traffic which we all know that does not convert so well (I heard that it is 1:250 ?), does this mean that he is most likely to get a low TQ score?

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny. I'm confused by your explanations. I'd like to clarify. The clicks you are talking about are not the clicks which determine out CTR, but clicks on the advertisers sites which convert into actual sales. Is that correct? No activity which we can see in our account is actually contributing to our TQ score. Is that correct?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
itf139020.jpg

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmm....bait.

I think it's cute that every person on this page is flying a parked.com link in their signature...how is that for customer loyalty?!?!? :smile:

Do I hear Christmas bonus?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The image symbolizes the saying "opening a can of worms" and does not infer baiting.

I have no issue whatsoever with Yahoos Traffic Scoring system as I am confident as to the facts that domain traffic does in fact convert more than search traffic.

I have seen no significant change in revenue, and therefore believe that if Yahoo do intend to reward for good quality converting traffic then that can only be a good thing.

mmmmmmm....bait.

I think it's cute that every person on this page is flying a parked.com link in their signature...how is that for customer loyalty?!?!? :smile:

Do I hear Christmas bonus?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I meant fishing bait! ~ <"><

(get it? worms?)

Luv ya NS!

:pound:

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the can of worms thing... and I think you are right on the money.

Sounds like Parked.com found themselves tucked right down into one and doesn't really even know what Yahoo's intention or "system" truly is. Not speaking ill of Parked but rather on the continuing LACK of transparency on the part of Yahoo.

All of this still doesn't explain how yahoo applies what criteria to determine the "quality" of clicks you get, regardless of the number of clicks you get.

The deeper we dig into the "explanation" the more flaws, confusion and questions it creates.

Thus... the can of worms. :)

GoPC

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oops... double post

GoPC

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree it's definitely more smoke and mirrors from the big bad search engine guys, I'm glad parked keeps us so up to date on these issues that many other places don't even tell you about..like I said before WE HOLD THE TRAFFIC, we are the GATEKEEPERS...parked.com is gonna take care of it's customers but ultimately our payouts and results are tracked and reported by Yahoo..they hold all of the cards until one day the traffic stops. I hope they don't pinch and trim until it get's to that point. So far I have to admit I have not seen a difference in revenue since this "system" was implemented but we shall see...remember, as long as you have the traffic and domains YOU have the power...without us Google and Yahoo would nearly go bankrupt - most of their revenue is from online advertising.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree it's definitely more smoke and mirrors from the big bad search engine guys, I'm glad parked keeps us so up to date on these issues that many other places don't even tell you about..like I said before WE HOLD THE TRAFFIC, we are the GATEKEEPERS...parked.com is gonna take care of it's customers but ultimately our payouts and results are tracked and reported by Yahoo..they hold all of the cards until one day the traffic stops. I hope they don't pinch and trim until it get's to that point. So far I have to admit I have not seen a difference in revenue since this "system" was implemented but we shall see...remember, as long as you have the traffic and domains YOU have the power...without us Google and Yahoo would nearly go bankrupt - most of their revenue is from online advertising.

Thanks for the Optimism Focus!!! WE ARE THE GATEKEEPERS!!! :yes: :D

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now ya'll have me confused. I thought we were going to talk about http://www.bait.com (sorry kelly), but we are talking about a can of worms. I read the concerns 3 or 4 times and I must be completely missing something, so I'll do what I can.

First and most important is what is a conversion. A conversion is when a surfer clicks on a sponsored ad listing. Then are then sent to the sponsor/advertisers site they then see the product they are looking for and they buy it. At this point the advertiser sends something back to Yahoo telling them they have a successul conversion. That was an example of a purchase. Some of you have seen the commericals for housevalues.com on TV before. Well in there case, they want people to signup, they don't have to purchase anything. So if somebody signups with them, they send something back to Yahoo saying we had a conversion. This what I call a lead conversion. Next you have somebody like ebay. In their case, they want you to either create a new account or place a bid, either of those are both conversions. The next one I am aware of is used on some car insurance sites and quite a few other sites do something similiar as well. They send you to a lander page that describes everything, if you then click the signup/buy/join button you are redirected to another site and once you land on the second site a conversion is sent to Yahoo.

I'm not sure if this answers any questions or creates more questions.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny...makes sense..well , alot of dollar$ really..(whoops! that's my parked account! lol) :eek:k:

Now tell him to capitalize the "b" in Bait...the CTR will go up, nice domain to be parked at parked...you have alot of very good ones there! ;)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny this is more of a case on whether or not the domainer should have any concerns as to the conversion of ones domains.

I can be brutally honest here, and say that I dont give a flying f*** if my parking domains convert or not and I dont think I should have to worry about it. As domainers we are told that we can not promote our domains and the traffic must be natural forming typein.

With that in mind we have no influence whatsoever on who, what or why one domain converts and another does not. As once you do start to worry about this the only outcome can be that domainers start to try and influence the outcome.

Perhaps one day the upstream providers will only start to monetize domains that has a percentage of conversion, but until that happens just sit back and enjoy the ride.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As once you do start to worry about this the only outcome can be that domainers start to try and influence the outcome.

We do already, most of my landing pages are heavily influenced :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NS, I do see your point and I agree..but obviously if they don't make money, then they can't pay out money..it's the good ole' double edge sword. Would you want to pay for marketing and ppc online and have it not convert because it's all youtube typo traffic clicking your ads? Of course not..this is why ultimately the net is moving towards a CPA model. It's innevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom