Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Traffic - Miami 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment to thank Monte, Rick and their entire team for putting in countless hours over the last few weeks reviewing some 90K names. Nice work and best of luck for a successful show. Won't be attending but would love to see you again at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York next summer!!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
-I wish i can join you... But maybe Vegas Traffic next year?

I would like go to Vegas Traffic too, but what is the going fee to attend right now? And do applicants still have to obtain Rick's approval to attend?.....Thanks.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought the rates would of came down by now, 2K admission is insane.

Thanks again for the info.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte just posted on NP that Investment.com & Poker.mobi had been added :eek:

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte just posted on NP that Investment.com & Poker.mobi had been added :eek:

That's right and there are more :yes:

...in fact dotMobi is making a select group of 45 domains from its Premium Names list available via live and silent auctions at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East domain conference in Hollywood, Florida, on 12 October 2007.

http://mtld.mobi/domain/premium/sales

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sadly this time, only 1 of mine went to Live and 19 to Silent. Worst ever for me. If only they were reversed!

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How did you figure out which are for live or silent?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got an email from my sales rep.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't decide what to do. They picked 40 of my domains for the auction. Does anyone know how many actually get bids and sell? Does it make a difference if you're there or not?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I remember, and Monte can correct me, between 30 and 40% of the 300 Live names sold last time and 25 (less than 1 percent) of the 2700 Silent names sold last time (and most in the last hour).

Often you'll get a ton of names accepted into Silent, particularly if you agree to lower reserves. Many of us choose not to reduce the reserves too much and gamble that some of the names will still go to auction. To give you an idea, I think I submitted about 300 domains of which 50 or so I was asked to lower my reserves. I chose not to do so. Only 1 made it to live and 19 or 20 went to Silent.

If "suggested reserves" were also labeled as Silent versus Live, I'm sure many, if not all, of us would agree to some of the reserve reductions if we knew they were going to Live. With less than 1% sold in Silent, well, I wouldn't count on any sales with the odds being less than one out of every 100 names sold. It's a reality check (and still costs you the same 15% even on the rare chance one of yours does actually sell in Silent).

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't decide what to do. They picked 40 of my domains for the auction. Does anyone know how many actually get bids and sell? Does it make a difference if you're there or not?

Did all 40 get chosen for only Live? or Live and Silent?

You don't need to be there, and depending on the reserves, they may or may not receive bids.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did all 40 get chosen for only Live? or Live and Silent?

You don't need to be there, and depending on the reserves, they may or may not receive bids.

The emails that I received didn't say if the names were accepted for the Live or Silent Auction. I emailed Moniker to find out.

I'm hoping that the reserves were okay because they didn't ask me to lower any of them this time.

And thanks to everyone for all the responses and stats. It was very helpful.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The emails that I received didn't say if the names were accepted for the Live or Silent Auction. I emailed Moniker to find out.

It would show on the Live list, I'm not sure if and when the list is coming out. You do understand they can push some or all of your domains to silent if they choose to, dont you?

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would show on the Live list, I'm not sure if and when the list is coming out. You do understand they can push some or all of your domains to silent if they choose to, dont you?
I don't know the details of how they work it, but figured that they do whatever they want whenever they want.

It's probably not worth the airline ticket, admission, hotel and leaving the family . . . thanks for helping me make my decision :)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow very nice! 40 domains! that's like 1/6th of the auction, hehe

a big percentage of live domains get bid on

the silent ones, a smaller percentage

DomainGirl, you need a reality check.

You complain that it is not worth your time to go to Traffic.

I assume over 1,000 domainers dumped all of their domains into Moniker's auction list.

You got 40 selected. I don't know which domains were selected and the quality of them.
But, I would be thankful that you got 40 domains in the live or silent auction.

Not to make this a contest but I didn't have any domains (own or manage) selected.
:upset:

And, I am planning to attend this Traffic conference. Only so DCG will buy me a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom