Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't take any media source at face value. I consider a wide variety of news sources. If they all agree on a matter, then I take it more seriously. But I use judgement as to arriving at a conclusion. For example, I consider whether a source has a bias or sounds objective. Do they use references, and what type of references, etc.

Discernment is indeed key. :)

BTW, how is this on topic?

It is related to Propaganda (aka the 4th Estate) and controlling narratives. At Epik, we think independent media is reasonable and useful provided they are lawful, use discernment and are vigilant in their self-governance.

Some of the propagandists who engage on Epik-related topics are misguided in their belief that we are free speech absolutists, but the reality is very different.

And while I have a personal view that Satan is real and Jesus Christ is Lord, we welcome a plurality of views, and think it is great they compete in the marketplace of ideas.

And when independent journalism is not allowed to do its job, a nation becomes a police state. And that seems like an outcome worth avoiding.

Related news today:

If "Anonymous", who took responsibility for the hack, was truly on the side of liberty, they would never have targeted Epik. I think this chart sums up the situation with the "Fake Anon" and the "Real Anon":

1636236867880.png

Epik empowers lawful content, community and commerce. We are quite good at it, and getting better all the time through organic development, partnership and acquisitions.

For those who think responsible liberty is a good idea, Epik is an excellent choice for technology. Our commitment to security is higher than ever and we will empower to the very best of our ability.

#BeEpik

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Thanks -- go enjoy some CNN.
What sources do you use? I imagine them to be much worse than CNN since reading your posts you tend to subscribe to conspiracy theory, false flags, government psych ops and so on. You mention "propagandists" yet you've been called out many times in your short time here for exactly that. Like lying about rigged polls, or saying NP favors certain registrars etc.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@robmonster, your personal views are perplexing. Your actions do not comport with the spirit of the teachings of Christ. I highly recommend Neal Morse Band and Jesus Christ The Exorcist Rock Opera for spiritual inspiration.
Opening lyrics "Father why have you forsaken me" was a quote from psalm 22. It was that quote that encouraged the thief on Christ right hand to repent.

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
---
"They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots."

That psalm, written by King David described exactly what was happening to Christ at that moment. God did not forsake Christ, an army of Angles surrounded him.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opening lyrics "Father why have you forsaken me" was a quote from psalm 22. It was that quote that encouraged the thief on Christ right hand to repent.

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
---
"They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots."

That psalm, written by King David described exactly what was happening to Christ at that moment. God did not forsake Christ, an army of Angles surrounded him.
Indeed. God removed his holy spirit from Christ at that moment so that the sacrifice could be pure and complete. So it was the perfect man, Jesus, alone that was sacrificed in payment for the sin of the perfect man Adam. Eye for an eye payment. That's why Jesus said, "Father why have your forsaken me".

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your actions do not comport with the spirit of the teachings of Christ
Honest question: Do you think yours do? Or that's not an issue and none of your concern because you're only wanting to point the finger at others? Shouldn't everybody look at himself first? (Sure, you can always tell something to others, but if you're not willing to try a little yourself, maybe it doesn't make much sense)

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honest question: Do you think yours do? Or that's not an issue and none of your concern because you're only wanting to point the finger at others?
Of course, I do my best. But it is a work in progress. If someone points out something that I need to work on, I truly appreciate it. Read Psalm 141:5.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Of course, I do my best
Ok, great! Sure, I understand it's a "work in progress". It always is.

Just to make things clear: Are you the guy from "TCK Media" with the story of the domain not delivered which was "discussed" on the other forum? (and the memorable video which followed). Or that's not you and I'm mistaken? I didn't find this whole story very good on your end, nor the way you handled it/behaved. IF that's you. If it is, there is probably some work to do there (maybe you already did, or at least started). If not, sorry for the confusion.

Note: Maybe that domain has been delivered since, IDK how things finished in the very end.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, great! Sure, I understand it's a "work in progress". It always is.

Just to make things clear: Are you the guy from "TCK Media" with the story of the domain not delivered which was "discussed" on the other forum? (and the memorable video which followed). Or that's not you and I'm mistaken? I didn't find this whole story very good on your end, nor the way you handled it/behaved. IF that's you. If it is, there is probably some work to do there (maybe you already did, or at least started). If not, sorry for the confusion.

Note: Maybe that domain has been delivered since, IDK how things finished in the very end.
Yes, I am that guy. And I have to read into what you wrote because it is not very clear. And if I am correct reading your comments, that domain was offered for free without it being asked for (so a kind gesture on my part), it was not accepted, but months later Epik had a change of mind and demanded it. In the meantime some nasty comments were made. I told them that the offer was off the table by this point (I don't reward bad behavior). Then they tried to slander and libel me through a post on NamePros (since removed). Hence the video in my defense.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW, the original video mentioning Epik has been reedited to remove any mention of Epik. For anyone interested it is here (adult language):

Domaining Show will be back once we handle more pressing projects.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Was Epik hacked because of their religious beliefs?
Probably in part, IMHO. But religion itself wasn't everything. The fact Epik allowed some people to still keep a domain and even a hosting was probably a bigger reason. There are some other people who want to impose their will even if it's very wrong (what they want in itself, and wanting to impose it). + Probably some other motives as well.

If your real point is the potential "off-topic" of religion: yes and no. It was about what is "right" and "wrong". Which circles back to some people acting as if the hack was something good, or at least "deserved" one way or another (or at the very least, they don't see what is wrong with leaking the information of everybody). The link with religion was there, even if I agree it may not seem obvious.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
because it is not very clear.
Sure ;) I do recognize this "method" of claiming you don't understand, or something isn't supposedly "clear" when you don"t like the subject raised.

There was a payment in the mix, and you were supposedly "slandered" (you weren't!) because you were refusing to deliver what had been paid for (meaning: After!). Anyway, we're not going to circle again on that story. That has been done far enough. I do see you're still acting with the exact same honesty, thought. And here is what you asked for:
If someone points out something that I need to work on, I truly appreciate it.
You're welcome.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed. God removed his holy spirit from Christ at that moment so that the sacrifice could be pure and complete. So it was the perfect man, Jesus, alone that was sacrificed in payment for the sin of the perfect man Adam. Eye for an eye payment. That's why Jesus said, "Father why have your forsaken me".
We'll just disagree. My point is King David described the crucifixion in a song of praise hundreds of years before and Christ quoted that psalm was his habit of quoting scripture when tempted or attacked. My believe is subjective based what I've been taught.

I'm not sure what Scripture supports the idea that God withdrew his spirit or why he would do so. Christ was sinless and sacrificed his perfect life for ours.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably in part, IMHO. But religion itself wasn't everything. The fact Epik allowed some people to still keep a domain and even a hosting was probably a bigger reason. There are some other people who want to impose their will even if it's very wrong (what they want in itself, and wanting to impose it). + Probably some other motives as well.

If your real point is the potential "off-topic" of religion: yes and no. It was about what is "right" and "wrong". Which circles back to some people acting as if the hack was something good, or at least "deserved" one way or another (or at the very least, they don't see what is wrong with leaking the information of everybody). The link with religion was there, even if I agree it may not seem obvious.
If you read the official press release by the hackers that go under the umbrella of Anonymous, it has to do more with their beef with Rob's tolerance/acceptance/support/ideology (pick one) of certain extreme groups, including but not limited to the Jan 6 attacks, Qanon, disinfo, and more. You can read it here:

media%2FE_L28nAXoAERzli.jpg%3Fname%3Dorig

base

Level 3
Reaction score

Thanks for some clarification. Yes my point was because of the religious innuendos being brought up quite often. But the "right" or "wrong" aspect makes sense too, someone else's right be another's wrong, and vice-versa. I just find there is very little that should ever justify a hack.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you read the official press release by the hackers that go under the umbrella of Anonymous, it has to do more with their beef with Rob's tolerance/acceptance/support/ideology (pick one) of certain extreme groups, including but not limited to the Jan 6 attacks, Qanon, disinfo, and more. You can read it here:

media%2FE_L28nAXoAERzli.jpg%3Fname%3Dorig

Brown-shirts, political terrorism.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators