Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My point is King David described the crucifixion in a song of praise hundreds of years before and Christ
Christ himself spoke those words moments before he died.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you read the official press release by the hackers that go under the umbrella of Anonymous, it has to do more with their beef with Rob's tolerance/acceptance/support/ideology (pick one) of certain extreme groups, including but not limited to the Jan 6 attacks, Qanon, disinfo, and more. You can read it here:
This is exactly what I said. Sure, they'll label as "extreme groups" (or other things) what they don't like and want "cancelled". It is the same kind of people who will label things as "false" or "disinformation", etc. (some things are, but not necessarily everything, thought). The exact same way you will label what doesn't please you as "not clear" or "slander", etc.
Anyway.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let me be perfectly clear. THERE WAS NO PAYMENT FOR THE DOMAIN. There was a bounty for something unrelated.
Keep it up. Thank you for making clear the "If someone points out something that I need to work on, I truly appreciate it" was also a lie. Or maybe not. You never said you will actually work on anything.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep it up. Thank you for making clear the "If someone points out something that I need to work on, I truly appreciate it" was also a lie. Or maybe not. You never said you will actually work on anything.
Say, "What?!". What did I lie about?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quote him.
Matthew 27:46

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). NIV

C'mon. This should have been easy for you to find.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Matthew 27:46

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). NIV

C'mon. This should have been easy for you to find.

Now quote the first paragraph of PSALM 22. Then actually read the entire psalm.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Say, "What?!". What did I lie about?
Nothing (except everything payment related about the domain, but this is besides the point). An idiot like me would think that if you ask for things to work on to be pointed to you, it is to do something about it (actually work on it). But I did acknowledge you never said or really or implied this. It is only a wrong assumption from myself.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing (except everything payment related about the domain, but this is besides the point). An idiot like me would think that if you ask for things to work on to be pointed to you, it is to do something about it (actually work on it). But I did acknowledge you never said or really or implied this. It is only a wrong assumption from myself.
There was no payment for the domain. It was offered for free as a good gesture and not accepted. There was a "bounty" for a twitter handle, that's it. I was doing food baskets for people in need at the time during the pandemic lockdown, so I thought I would use the money in support of that effort. But I quickly learned that accepting a "bounty" from Epik is a huge mistake as they deceptively used that as an excuse months later to try to snatch the domain. But there was no agreement of any payment for the domain of any kind. This is a fabrication. I was slandered and libeled. This is a matter of fact. I hope that you are not trying to insinuate that I am a liar. Or do I have to pull out all the private messages and posts that NamePros has stored?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope that you are not trying to insinuate that I am a liar
No, not trying, nor insinuating. Come on. All this is the exact same which has already been done. You're even coming up with all the exact same sentences. I'm done with you. I should never have engaged you in the first place. My apologies. Be well.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now quote the first paragraph of PSALM 22. Then actually read the entire psalm.
Indeed, this is prophetic language. There are many prophecies from the Hebrew Scriptures fulfilled in our Lord during his time on earth, his death, and resurrection.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, not trying, nor insinuating. Come on. All this is the exact same which has already been done. You're even coming up with all the exact same sentences. I'm done with you. I should never have engaged you in the first place. My apologies. Be well.
Apologies accepted. Be well too.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have any Epik domains been reported as stolen or pushed to another account unauthorized?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have any Epik domains been reported as stolen or pushed to another account unauthorized?
I have lost domains from other registrars where I used the same login as for Epik. I was not paying attention to them since they were not my best ones. The registrar where I have the bulk of my domains has a completely different login. With the announcement of the data dumb people had a chance to cancel their credit cards and change logins. Personally I have received notices from other services that my logins have been compromised from the dump and an uptick in spam. If the hack was not so public it could be a lot worse. Fortunately I don't have any domains at Epik.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was this after the hack?
Yes. I was trying out 3 other registrars besides my primary one. Had 2 to 5 domains at each one. Used the same email and password for each one. All domains are gone except for 1. I cannot conclusively connect that to the hack. Don't have those forensic skills. My main registrar has a completely different user and password.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The login for the other 3 was also used at Epik. All the data is available for download. So we can see what was exposed.

Level 4
Reaction score
The login for the other 3 was also used at Epik. All the data is available for download. So we can see what was exposed.

Care to share the registrars? This is the first time someone makes mention of a possible loss of domains due to his data being spread after the hack, correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't you get any notifications on transfer/ownership updates?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Care to share the registrars? This is the first time someone makes mention of a possible loss of domains due to his data being spread after the hack, correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't you get any notifications on transfer/ownership updates?
NameCheap, Dynadot, and Direcnic. I did not get any notifications. I did once in a while. But that is my beef with these registrars. My primary registrar is GD and I get a lot of notifications for same domains. That's why I stick with them. Because for a lot of domains I renew on a per case basis. My premiums are on annual auto renewal. Again, I cannot state conclusively that is related to the hack. But what is related to the hack is that my logins have been compromised and spam has increased.

Level 4
Reaction score
NameCheap, Dynadot, and Direcnic. I did not get any notifications. I did once in a while. But that is my beef with these registrars. My primary registrar is GD and I get a lot of notifications for same domains. That's why I stick with them. Because for a lot of domains I renew on a per case basis. My premiums are on annual auto renewal. Again, I cannot state conclusively that is related to the hack. But what is related to the hack is that my logins have been compromised and spam has increased.

Thanks, and sorry for your loss.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators