Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, a cool benefit from this very interesting and potentially successful method.

The automatic 1 yr cookie almost sounds to good to be true.

Do you know of any way to test it to see if the affiliate cookie is really working?

Just put this in your browser url window and hit enter.

javascript:if(document.cookie.length<1){alert('No cookie for this site.')}else{alert('Cookie for this site:'+document.cookie)}

:lol:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just put this in your browser url window and hit enter.

javascript:if(document.cookie.length<1){alert('No cookie for this site.')}else{alert('Cookie for this site:'+document.cookie)}

Thanks Chois, very interesting capability.

Assuming that code works, it appears I do not have my own cookie running on my Afternic.com affiliate acct :worried:

I tested it by first going to one of my Adwords ads which goes to my Afternic sales page (and should pick-up the cookie I assume). Next, exited the sales page and reentered Afternic.com and then ran the javascript which seems to show no affiliate id as it say's "partner_ID=0" plus the entire message also does not indicate my affiliate cookie. However, the message did in fact say "cookie for this site." The cookie appears to be a generic cookie which goes to the Afternic Bazaar page. Did I do it incorrectly, or am I missing something?

P.S. Does partner_ID=0 mean there is no affiliate cookie? Can others here test this too?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chois, very interesting capability.

Assuming that code works, it appears I do not have my own cookie running on my Afternic.com affiliate acct :worried:

I tested it by first going to one of my Adwords ads which goes to my Afternic sales page (and should pick-up the cookie I assume). Next, exited the sales page and reentered Afternic.com and then ran the javascript which seems to show no affiliate id as it say's "partner_ID=0" plus the entire message also does not indicate my affiliate cookie. However, the message did in fact say "cookie for this site." The cookie appears to be a generic cookie which goes to the Afternic Bazaar page. Did I do it incorrectly, or am I missing something?

P.S. Does partner_ID=0 mean there is no affiliate cookie? Can others here test this too?

Mine includes aff_refer=xxxxx in the result
Don't you have aff_refer=xxxxx ?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it should have a value in the cookie "aff_referer="

Posted at the same time:p

You should create a shortcut ToolBar ShortCut in internet explorer and fireworks that links the javascript

javascript:{alert(document.cookie)}

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I even tried to sell one of my best domains in another PPC program, and even clearly stating that it was a domain for sale, not an info site, it was getting too much clicks and no contacts!! So I dropped it. I'll try again soon :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 more domain sales completed both at $250 Plus Commission Earned.

21today(.)com -
Freefarmed(.)com - Purchased by American Humane Association

Domains Transfered. :)

Offer Recieved on StaffTrack(.)com

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You are having a huge success. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

StaffTrack is a parked page. The buyers found the domains there?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 more domain sales completed both at $250 Plus Commission Earned.

21today(.)com -
Freefarmed(.)com - Purchased by American Humane Association

Domains Transfered. :)

Offer Recieved on StaffTrack(.)com

Congratulations!

Could you share with us what keywords u used for those domains?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freefarmed.com - keyword = freefarm freefarmed and animal cruelty

21Today - 21 Birthday & 21 Today

and of course the domain name themselves as keywords.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Genius! Well done.

Namestrands must be a genuis because it appears he is #1 at achieving success with this brilliant sounding idea. Maybe he is doing it differently and that is why it works for him?

So far I have tried it with 9 domains over a few weeks but zero success :undecided: Only 3 of the 9 have more than several visits from the ads. The best 3 on average only received about 40 visits.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont have high expectations, I price my domains to sell. Fixed Price, none of this Make Offer. If I can turn 10x Profit I am happy.

There is nothing worse than domains with no price attached, were you to walk into a shop to pick up that DVD player you wanted, how would you feel if it was MAKE OFFER? and then the salesman counters with $2000 for something that cost $7

Yeah you may get lucky and get that big offer, but they are few and far between.. Increase your odds by selling one low, this will enable you to buy another 35 at reg fee, and the cycle of life begins.

I tend to bypass domains for sale that have no price

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont have high expectations, I price my domains to sell. Fixed Price, none of this Make Offer. If I can turn 10x Profit I am happy.

There is nothing worse than domains with no price attached, were you to walk into a shop to pick up that DVD player you wanted, how would you feel if it was MAKE OFFER? and then the salesman counters with $2000 for something that cost $7

Yeah you may get lucky and get that big offer, but they are few and far between.. Increase your odds by selling one low, this will enable you to buy another 35 at reg fee, and the cycle of life begins.

I tend to bypass domains for sale that have no price

Makes perfect sense. But there could be other cases...
I've been practicing last 10 days with 11 domains without success yet.
I am going to try another month or so, and I will let you know what happens.

Thank you again for sharing.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably best if I stop posting my successes here until a few more make a sale. I am sure it must be frustrating. All I know is that I spend weeks researching a small batch of domains. I find the potential buyers/markets and target them via adwords.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with what you are doing. Please keep posting. :)

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol, don't worry about us. Your information is great, and I like reading it.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try this again with 200 domains which get hits but are obscure enough to get zero bids on adsense. I did try this first off with a very high quality generic but my price was obviously too high, plus the adsense bids were 40c+ :-( I still think it's a great idea. Thanks again namestrands. Hope to be kissing parking goodbye soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom