Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ouch.com (for sell or reselling) Part 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"So theft is rewarded?"

No. Failure to be omniscient is, however, often punished.

Consider the possibility that Mr. Wan had a reason for cancelling his check. What if the domain name had already been stolen from him by.... someone else.... and he suspected that *he* had been defrauded by Allen?

It's all just words on a screen from here.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Atillo don't do anything until you have absolute proof of what's what. Don't put yourself at risk. You haven't done a thing wrong as far as I can see so far. You held back payment because of a cloud on the title comparing this transaction to real property. Until that cloud is removed, you don't pay. You have clearly demonstrated your intentions to turn over the name to it's rightful owner upon clearing up that cloud, and we are all witnesses to that. One question. Did domainP push the name over to your account, or did you pull it over?

Oh, 1 more thing. I still have an open wager betting 1000 DNF$ that both opencg and domainP will be banned in 2 days to 2 weeks. Any takers?
Doc

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Attilio, I think its safe to say that you dont have to worry about OpenCG at all. The only ones you probably have to deal with are Domain P (the one you acquired the domain from) and the original owner.

If OPenCG's deal with the DomainP is legit (which I have already stated that I doubt), then Domain P should have to deal with him not you.

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMHO, domainp should report this to the FBI. This is the best way to go. The FBI has the authority and resources to decided and find out the real events. They can contact Ebay, paypal, Godaddy. They can verify people identities and they have the legal authority to decide the owner of the domain.

No one here can be sure 100% of what excatly happened. No one here has the authority to play police role. And I don't think that anyone here would like to take responsibility or decide who is the legal owner of the domain.

BTW you CAN report this incident online. Here is the link to report internet fraud to the FBI:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

It doesn't matter with whom the domain is now. The FBI has the power to order ICANN, Verisign and GoDaddy to transfer the domain to the real owner by a court order. So take a break everyone, and let the cops do their work. It's better for everyone!

Good luck to all of you ;)

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just a fast tip, when you report this to the FBI, they will ask you if this cost you more than $5000 worth of damage. Be sure to say YES. Otherwise, they won't continue with the case.

Good luck

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I left work early to work on this today...I work 35 miles from where i live and work early to very very late at night...will be posting in a little while

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lwgik
just a fast tip, when you report this to the FBI, they will ask you if this cost you more than $5000 worth of damage. Be sure to say YES. Otherwise, they won't continue with the case.

Good luck

Allen did report it to the FBI however they would not handle the case.
They recommended he report it to his local police department.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nothing much to post, talking to bowling green police department, will have the telephone unit call me back soon to file police report of theft. will update on this as i have information

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Allen,

That's the best way to do. If the police can't go after someone in Russia, at least they can trace Wan from the info with Paypal, and eBay.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by opportunitymagic
nothing much to post, talking to bowling green police department, will have the telephone unit call me back soon to file police report of theft. will update on this as i have information

Don't expect much help from the police. I wasted a bunch of time filing a police report in NYC on a theft of $5000 and gave them all the info. Nothing done. Not even a phone call back. They just jot it down in their files so they can justify increased budgets. They don't do anything if they don't think they can get a collar out of it for their record and possible raises or promotions.
Doc

opencg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor I do not like your assumptions and your so far off the story I said earlier this will be solved and today will be a relaxing day but you decided to create a forum bad mouthing opencg I cant beleive this kind of judgement you are calling me a scam and also whoissearch closing the forum off saying the both needs to be banned is wrong I been here way to long and its a shame that neither you or whoissearch knows me also I never meet or know domainp and nor do I feel im obligated to help him,
jh3 is actually becoming more of a problem solver we chatted earlier in the part 1 forum also atillio the right thing to do is give the name to opmagic since I saw his name on the whois info whoissearch posted then I will continue to negotiate with him.
as for stockdoctor,whoissearch you dont know me and you dont have any right disrespecting opencg.

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
opencg,
so you now confirm that you did not pay any money to Domainp?

opencg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i payed in full, but now its time to move on attilio and you get that domain back to opmagic and leave this problem alone solve it today man no need to hold on anymore.

Originally posted by Attilio
opencg,
so you now confirm that you did not pay any money to Domainp?

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent you a pm opencg.

Also I would like allen contact me to define transfer details
I will transfer to him in few seconds if I get confirmation that all people involved agree with that and that all are happy with arrangement.

thanks,

opencg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Attilio, honestly why would you care if domainp agrees?

you been holding that name ragardless if domainp liked it or not? im i right?

Originally posted by Attilio
I sent you a pm opencg.

Also I would like allen contact me to define transfer details
I will transfer to him in few seconds if I get confirmation that all people involved agree with that and that all are happy with arrangement.

thanks,

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by opencg
Stocdoctor I do not like your assumptions and your so far off the story I said earlier this will be solved and today will be a relaxing day but you decided to create a forum bad mouthing opencg I cant beleive this kind of judgement you are calling me a scam and also whoissearch closing the forum off saying the both needs to be banned is wrong I been here way to long and its a shame that neither you or whoissearch knows me also I never meet or know domainp and nor do I feel im obligated to help him,
jh3 is actually becoming more of a problem solver we chatted earlier in the part 1 forum also atillio the right thing to do is give the name to opmagic since I saw his name on the whois info whoissearch posted then I will continue to negotiate with him.
as for stockdoctor,whoissearch you dont know me and you dont have any right disrespecting opencg.

Hey, I read the whole thread. No assumptions. I agree with most of the posting members and the moderator whois-search. Both you and domaiP should be banned. Here and at any of the other forums.
Doc

opencg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you maybe friends with all the moderators and you seem so very very happy to be friends with the moderators also you dont know me one tiny bit so the conclusion is the problem is over now stockdoc go home show is over.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally caught up with all the posts. One thing about those European IP addresses -- one should use the WHOIS at www.ripe.net to see which country it is (in this case it was in Russia, as WHOIS-Search pointed out).

If it was me in Attilio's shoes, I'd try to put it in the hands of the registrar (GoDaddy) to be held in trust until the police sorted things out, or even in the hands of the police in GoDaddy's state (Arizona). As per the registration agreement for the domain name:

"FOR THE ADJUDICATION OF DISPUTES CONCERNING THE USE OF ANY DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED WITH Go Daddy, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT FOR JURISDICTION AND VENUE TO THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA LOCATED IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA."

Perhaps it can be deposited with the court or police there, and Allen can retrieve it from there, ultimately? This would solve the issue of jurisdiction, since EVERYONE had to agree to that jurisdiction at some point.

Personally, I feel Allen (the original purchaser) will ultimately recover it. But, as another poster mentioned, there is no rush -- a domain has a long life, and is not perishable. Whoever is entrusted with the domain name should also: 1) renew it for several years (in case it takes a long time to sort this out) and 2) put it under domain lock, so that it stays at GoDaddy past the 60 days, in case resolution should take longer than that.

Best to get ALL the facts, and proceed carefully to ensure that justice takes place.

The domain isn't high traffic, either, so folks aren't losing much in the interim (maybe $1/day) while this is resolved.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
latest update. even though fbi can not help directly I filed a complaint with internet fraud dept of the fbi online and gave all the details, just also got off the phone with bowling green ky police and filed a report there as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom