Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Parked:I regret that my account has been suspended though I don't know why you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting thing I read where Yahoo themself said that they think people who see contextual ads are far less likely to buy anything when they click an ad. SO it odd they force parking companies to cancel accounts

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3296211

HERE is the part I am talking about

Received wisdom in the industry contends that users are less likely to purchase goods or services after clicking on contextual ads, which appear on content pages, as compared to those that appear on search results pages.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Unless the technology changes or the people change this will continue, and it will get to the point that PPC will become PPA. This is inevitable and I have to say I welcome it after reading these parked threads.

Here Here ! :amen:

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xnx said:
Here is an interesting thing I read where Yahoo themself said that they think people who see contextual ads are far less likely to buy anything when they click an ad. SO it odd they force parking companies to cancel accounts

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3296211

HERE is the part I am talking about

Received wisdom in the industry contends that users are less likely to purchase goods or services after clicking on contextual ads, which appear on content pages, as compared to those that appear on search results pages.

this is postdate material from 2004 which might not hold much today! I believe there has been, even if not much, a certain degree of change in the industry 2 years since then!!!

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread I don't think I'd ever use parked.com... not even for all the tea in China! :pound:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry the wife had me running the streets for most of the day, so I haven't had time to respond.

Plus I have been reading all of the chinese message boards today. They are now fighting amongst themselves if they should continue trying to cheat against parking companies or not.

It's classic.

Or at least that is what google translator is telling me.

Donny

NameJet said:
After reading this thread I don't think I'd ever use parked.com... not even for all the tea in China! :pound:

Why? Because we terminate people for cheating? Nice

Donny

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
After reading this long threads, I realized that being a PPC company must be really hard!!! Cheer up and Good Luck :)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Preoccupy said:
After reading this long threads, I realized that being a PPC company must be really hard!!! Cheer up and Good Luck :)

same here. Its very hard to satisfy all the people out there. So lets at least try to satisfy who send legit traffic and bust the ones who use all fake means to earn PPC income.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Preoccupy said:

Don't worry in six month somebody will come up with a parking reseller program and everybody will have a parking program.

But hopefully you won't have to deal with the crap.

Donny

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
simon said:
same here. Its very hard to satisfy all the people out there. So lets at least try to satisfy who send legit traffic and bust the ones who use all fake means to earn PPC income.
:plane:

I agree with you Simon, just as you have mentioned, those with legit traffic should be satisfied... I think that is the only way for PPC companies to hold on and will be able to pay those that are true and innocent domainers:wink:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if everyone had their own parking program that they used just for their own domains, we would not have any of these issues..

And we could be a little more forgiven and understanding of ourselves.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on, I know everybody here would terminate themselves for something. What was I thinking when I bought blablablablablablablablablablablabla1.com?

And Namejet, I know why you wouldn't use us, I've been known to blame canada for global warming, trish stratus, and tucows. That's 3 good reasons to not use us.

Donny

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's true that parked domains have avg clickthrough of 20% and developed domains have avg clickthrough of 2%, is it realistic to think that parked domains can keep up in conversion ratios? I find it highly unlikely. Probably the click from the developed site is much more likely to convert. Is it possible that Yahoo hasn't taken this into account in the price they charge their advertisers? Just a thought.

By the way, Donny, you put this in a previous thread:

If parked.com is paid for the month, which we were told we would not be paid for any of said affiliates traffic, then they would be paid. If we are not paid then you won't be paid.

If you are withholding payment retroactively when accounts are suspended, I'm pretty sure that is just dead wrong. Unless you can prove fraud or have TOS requiring minimum conversions, you have no right to do this. Everyone seems to be against the Chinese in this, maybe with good reason maybe not, but without fraud you have absolutely no right to withhold payment for the days prior to the suspension. Whether or not you get paid by Yahoo is not the problem of the domainers. That is something you need to take care of with Yahoo and I can't see how they would have any right to withhold payment retroactively either. But these domainers have a relationship with Parked.com, not with Yahoo. If I am wrong, please help me understand how payment could be legally withheld for the days prior to the suspension.

Duck

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duck,
If Yahoo tells me to shut somebody down for whatever reason do you think they are going to pay us? No. If I don't get paid then the affiliate/partner doesn't get paid.

If I find fraud, I contact Yahoo and tell them I found fraud and I tell them to refund the money to the advertiser, because I shouldn't make money because somebody is cheating.

If somebody is cheating us for 3 months, and I find out today, and I've already paid them then it would be hard for me to go after them even if Yahoo doesn't pay us. But in this case the ex-affiliate/partner loses out one pay period, I may lose our 3 months depending on how things happen. The advertisers could possibly get back 3 months worth, so who is really screwed here?

Donny

Putao

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To Mr.Donny Simonton:

Pls check my account again. You insult the glory of my ancient family by your hint. I don't deny there are some cheaters in China, but not all chinese are cheaters. just like there are some rapists in USA, but not all American must die, I hope you to deal with the things maturely, or you'll lost 1300000 thousands of friends forever.

Yours faithfully
Wang Jun

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Putao said:
To Mr.Donny Simonton:
You insult the glory of my ancient family by your hint.

Grow up.

Once again, it seems like most of the time it is Yahoo banning you (through places like Parked.com) so if you have a problem Yahoo is probably the only company that can really help you.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Putao,
Since you started this thread what seems like years ago now, I will explain again what I have explained in email, in trouble tickets, and in PM's. Since you obviously either don't check any of them or you just don't listen.

I have checked your account, now about 20 times.

On 7/5/2006 we removed your access to modified the keywords on your domains based on you choosing very high priced keywords for domains that were not related to those keywords. And at this time your domains were reset to what our system said they should be, not what you said they should be.

On 7/10/2006 your account manager re-enabled your access to change the keywords on your domains, because the person who shutdown your access forgot to document the reason in our system why they removed your access, but they had emailed me about it. So your account manager re-enabled your access and you or whoever started modifying domains again, but not to the extreme you had originally had done.

You didn't get paid the first pay period, because you forgot to fill out your tax forms. And you would have thought that you would have seen the big warning about filling out your tax form since you have I think 5 accounts with us. You did created them all from the same ip within 2 hours of each other and some instead of having Wang Jun, have Jun Wang, and you even have one name putao, which is the same name as your dnforum account. But for some reason none of them have been terminated, maybe because they are getting natural traffic.

Then your account came across my desk as being potential fraudulent case. I ran my normal tests, you passed some and you failed some. I did laugh about your most popular clicked term, worm. I guess most of your Chinese traffic likes worms.

I checked over a 7 day period to see where your traffic was coming from and noticed that about 65% of it was from traffic that we could not verify the referrer, this normally means pop-up traffic. About 55% of the referrers you were sending could be verified, which is rather low. But what hurt you the most is what I will only example as clicks across multiple domains. Everyday about 20% of your clicks crossed domains. Not just some domains, many crossed all domains.

At this point, because of the volume involved I contacted Yahoo to verify the conversion rate, when I received the numbers back your account was terminated.

Wang Jun/Jun Wang/Putato/Danrong Wang/Tizi.com and whoever else you want to be. There is the information that I have sent you before. Except for now it's available for the public to see.

Donny

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the old saying "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house" really applies here.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
Don't worry in six month somebody will come up with a parking reseller program and everybody will have a parking program.

But hopefully you won't have to deal with the crap.

Donny

Dear Donny,
:playball:
Thank you for reply,
I hope I don't have to deal with the crap, too !:washing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom