Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Parked:I regret that my account has been suspended though I don't know why you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duck,
If Yahoo tells me to shut somebody down for whatever reason do you think they are going to pay us? No. If I don't get paid then the affiliate/partner doesn't get paid.

If I find fraud, I contact Yahoo and tell them I found fraud and I tell them to refund the money to the advertiser, because I shouldn't make money because somebody is cheating.

If somebody is cheating us for 3 months, and I find out today, and I've already paid them then it would be hard for me to go after them even if Yahoo doesn't pay us. But in this case the ex-affiliate/partner loses out one pay period, I may lose our 3 months depending on how things happen. The advertisers could possibly get back 3 months worth, so who is really screwed here?

Donny

Donny,
In short, Yes I absolutely think and expect that they not only would pay you but are legally obligated to pay you. This isn't the wild west. Yahoo doesn't get to make up rules arbitrarily and keep money that other have already earned.

If verifiable fraud is the issue, then I totally understand. But if conversion rate is the reason, that's a different story. Neither you nor Yahoo have the right to change the rules retroactively. I don't know your TOS with yahoo, but if they did not stipulate a necessary conversion rate, I find it difficult to believe they would be able to withhold money retroactively based on a new rule. If I advertise with the Los Angeles Times, I cannot refuse to pay them for last months ad simply because I am unhappy with the results. The same is true for your customers. If they did nothing illegal or against the TOS, you can't simply refuse to pay them based on the results for clicks that have already occured.

Again, verifiable fraud is a different story. But in this thread and others I have seen you argue low conversion rate as the only reason for withholding funds. I'm not against you personally, I simply cannot understand how you or Yahoo could do that legally unless it was a part of your TOS.

This is not my fight but I do feel a need to defend reasonable process. If a parking company told me that they were withholding my last 30 days revenue simply because they weren't happy with my conversion rate, I would argue it is them who is commiting the fraud, not me. If Yahoo is telling you that they are withholding your revenue because they aren't happy with the results, they had darn well better have that in their TOS or you have a very legitimate lawsuit available to you. Companies can't just change rules retroactively and keep money that is already owed.

Putao

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To:Donny,

Now,I know the cause of your doubt:pls check my domain" worms.com.cn ", It is a Official website of a Game before I buy it —— "Worms World Party",The domain has a great deal of traffic.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=zh-CN&q=site:worms.com.cn&btnG=Google+搜索&lr=
History:http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://worms.com.cn
Alexa:http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main?url=worms.com.cn
whois:http://www.xwhois.com/default.asp?domain=worms.com.cn

Are these real traffic?

I had got your only message is:
07-09-2006 Re: Why am I not received payment?
08:15 AM donsimon
You must fill out your tax forms. You are required to fill out a W-8 Form. We reserve the right to delay any payment due to you until the W-8 Form has been completed by you an ... (more)

It's one and only. So I cannot but writed the thread. Really,All Chinese members of Parked have broil for you in forum of China all along.(http://www.eachnic.com/club/ShowForum.asp?ForumID=44)

I think there are some misconstrue in the thing.If we try hard clear the atmosphere? OK?

Yours Faithfully
Putao/Wang Jun/Jun Wang/danrongwang and whatever other names...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This conversion issue really sticks in my throat, as I the whole point of PPC is Pay Per Click, and not PPCALAIC (pay per click as long as it converts)

PPC is a relatively cheap form of advertising and you get great return for little investment. Actually its probably still the best form of advertising.

I really believe that this "Not Converting" is just a get out clause for programs to terminate accounts on suspicion. Which is fair enough but I would prefer that it stop being waved about like a really negative issue, it only serves to confuse and raise concern.

I have been a customer of Trafficz for a few years now, as I have with SEDO, NameDrive, Fabulous and a few others and I have never EVER had someone tell me that my domains dont convert for the advertiser, ironically a crappy domain the other week Made over $300 in one day, where it normally makes less that $0.20c a day.

I contacted the parking program and queried the stats, they in turn told me that they have never had anyone question too much money before, but the program in question has been fair to me so its only right that I treat them with the same respect.

Anyway, it turns out that the stats were correct and this was also confirmed by yahoo.

Their are just too many conflicting scenarios and little situations that really cast a shadow on this and instead of the focus being on the Scammers, we are looking at the programs also, which really is not right as who the hell can you trust.

The domainers dont trust the parking programs 100% and the Parking Programs Dont Trust the Domainers.

Its kinda like me going to a fair and throwing 100 balls at the coconut stand and then charging the Carnie guys for my balls not coverting in to me getting a goldfish or a big teddy bear. It could be simply a case of me not targetting the balls correctly, but that really is not fault of the Carnie?

I should not complain as I dont seem to have any issues it would seem for not converting, but it just makes me dis-trust the whole parking game.

I have emailed our account manager at google and yahoo this morning, covering many subjects and quoting some posts here, and letting them know my concerns so hopefully by the end of the week I will have something solid to share with the honest members here.

Rest assured that I am against and not supporting the minions of fraudsters out their and believe that they get what the deserve whether it be karma or funds witheld.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I have emailed our account manager at google and yahoo this morning, covering many subjects and quoting some posts here, and letting them know my concerns so hopefully by the end of the week I will have something solid to share with the honest members here.

thank you Namestrands for taking the trouble to contact google and yahoo to obtain the facts straight as they are on our behalf. I am looking forward to reading a solid answer from google.Thank you once again.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually about the conversion rate, I just want to make my comment regarding that.

If the conversion rate is too low, I assume the Advertiser himself has to look over the site and analyze traffic to find out why there is low conversion, maybe it is not about traffic and it is about his website?

Let's say for example, I will create a site for domain name registration and offer domain registration for $300/year for .com. I will then go to Yahoo and use their Advertising. I will pay $500 to them and then the traffic will start to flow. After the whole amount is spent I will find out that the traffic was not converting and will inform Yahoo. Yahoo will contact the PPC company and ask to shut down the accounts and block domains. Does not sound promising right? Of course it is not ideal way but that could easily happen. That's called Free Traffic.

I did never understand as well, why it should depend on the Conversion rate, it is not PPA, it is PPC. We can not anyhow control it.

What I am wondering as well is that, how Yahoo knows if the traffic converts or not? I doubt they can. The advertiser receives traffic and nobody except Advertiser knows what is happening with it. Am I not correct? It is pretty possible that Advertiser complains because of low conversion rate and gets money back.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo and Google offer a little javascript code for you to add to your shopping cart sales page that allows the advertiser to track sales. Its not actually used for yahoo or google to track sales alegedly.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of ppl saying here: "PPC is not an affiliate program". If it is the domainers who hold the responsibility to convert traffics into sales, why not just join affiliate program where it does provide much much higher income rather than $0.5 - $1 income!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, please understand I have not gotten anything in about 30 days asking me to terminate somebody just because of no/low conversions.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then why does the subject keep coming up?

Donny have you been reading the chinese forums? you have your own section. Some crazy triads wanting to go crouching tiger hidden dragon on your ass.

If it wasnt so serious it would be funny.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which one? cnwebmasters.cn, im286.com, or eachnic? It's amazing when you translate them with the different translation tools. One talks about knives one talks about money.

I need to learn chinese.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been speaking to some other parking programs and they have noticed a huge increase in the last 72 hours of suspect chinese accounts, whats more they are not even taken the time to change IPs when they sign up with different accounts.

You really should all start sharing a database of domains involved in fraud, if you are serious about stopping it then you guys really need to pull forces and start publishing the fraudulent domains.

You might not stop them but you will sure as hell slow them down.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's W-8 form time for out-of-USA payees. If you don't complete that, you won't get paid.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I have been speaking to some other parking programs and they have noticed a huge increase in the last 72 hours of suspect chinese accounts, whats more they are not even taken the time to change IPs when they sign up with different accounts.

That´s incredible....it´s unbeliavable...we are talking about maybe hundreds of people with thousands of domains. I didn´t knew that the chinese have so free access to internet....

fung1990

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is meaning "cheat"?
i really wanna to know about this.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
骗

cheat (chēt)

v., cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats.

v.tr.

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
4. To elude; escape: cheat death.

v.intr.

1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.
3. Informal. To be sexually unfaithful: cheat on a spouse.
4. Baseball. To position oneself closer to a certain area than is normal or expected: The shortstop cheated toward second base.

n.

1. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.
2. One who cheats; a swindler.
3. A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.
4. Law. Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.
5. Botany. An annual European species of brome grass (Bromus secalinus) widely naturalized in temperate regions.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who are all these childish apparently foreign based posters here lately? All this crap is taking up far too much space on the forum and is fast making the board nonsense and not even worth looking at anymore. Now I see why it is so rare for the ppc firms themselves to participate in the forums (with the exception of parked.com and sedo). It's all BS and ridiculous.

Putao

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A Sage of Chinese ancient time said:

There aren't any thing in the world.The fools,themselves made them.
( 世上本無事,庸人自擾之。)

We are exactly.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let the fraudsters expose themselves on here, all the other parking programs look at each others threads, and if they are not willing to work together to stop these issues then let the fraudsters post their messages of complaints so that the other programs can monitor the situation.

futurecoast

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
没有了就算了啊 哎

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom