Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Updated Committee Member List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry we are all reaching out for our feminine side ....... well maybe not Webhold :laugh:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lawpsych
I am still curious to know how the female gender is already being well represented, though ... are there any female members of the committee? If so, I was not aware of this.
Hmm ... my question is: how many female registered members do you think there should be to justify 1 female committee member?

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL WOW!:eek: I had no idea the thread would take this direction.

According to posts in other threads, Bob (short for Barbara I think) appears to be a girl.

That said, Adios Amigos and Amiga:D. If there are any more women serving on the committee, make it amigos and amigas.

I may be an Ogre, but I can still be PC when the situation calls for it:laugh:.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is interesting...Not 2 weeks into the "committee" people are getting booted. And it appears its the members that are vocal about things.
I guess I have a couple of questions?

1) How are the committee members picked? What merits or qualities?
2) Are the committee members once chosen allowed to do anything but agree with the management?

inquiring minds want to know... ( please don't ban me for asking )

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that there are a lot of vocal people on the current committee, but perhaps some people use the term "vocal" selectively, refering only to those who criticize .

Answers:

1) You will have to ask the management as they appointed the committee members - why not PM DCG or nhlrat and ask?.

2) Yes, they are "allowed" to disagree with the management and do so - what is more, you may be surprised to know that the management listens.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Don't worry we are all reaching out for our feminine side ....... well maybe not Webhold :laugh:

I tried exercising my feminine side today by talking with the neighbors for 3 hours. See, females speak 10 words to males every 1 word they say. After 3 hours my damn vocal cords hurt. :laugh:

What is your feminine side story Webname? :D

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Webhold you get 10-1?
You're doing well, I've been married for 36 years and I don't get anywhere near that. :laugh:

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

Hmm ... my question is: how many female registered members do you think there should be to justify 1 female committee member?

Gee, Nameslave,

I wasn't trying to suggest that there needs to be any particular number of female members to JUSTIFY a female committee member.

In addition to domain resellers, there are a lot of domain BUYERS out there. Some might just end up here thinking that this might be a place to buy a domain name.

It just seems to be a good business practice to try to be as inclusive as possible with regard to consumers if one has a product to sell. This forum has several products to sell ... memberships, domain names, software, and a whole lot more.

If, indeed, the management is going to put as much effort into marketing as has been stated (and from the looks of the new auction site, has already begun to do - bravo!!!), I think it's only sensible to be a little more sensitive to a group that is about 50% of the total population. Now, I realize that women do not make up 50% of the Internet population as of yet, but do you know who is responsible for handling the finances in lots of families? Believe it or not, it is the women who do so.

Frankly, I doubt that most all-male committees would choose to have ANY female members. I just can't see you all being as comfortable being yourselves, letting your hair down, feeling as free to talk, etc., if there were a woman on your committee. I don't have a problem with that. It's your party and you can enjoy it in any way that you wish.

When the smoke clears, however, give a little thought to my suggestion about including some images SOMEWHERE on this site that include women, and I don't mean the types of images that belong on adult web sites. You may just find that doing so could lead to opening new markets you had not even considered earlier.

Whether it matters to you or not, the very first thing I noticed on the day I entered this forum after the change in ownership, was the new DNForum banner that immediately struck me as a huge picture of an Anthony Robbins look-alike doing business on his cell phone. A lot is conveyed through images, and what that image did for me was to convey an image that did NOT include women as even being important enough to be noticed.

Remember that these comments are being shared by one of this forum's biggest fans, and not by an adversary of any kind. You certainly do not have to take my comments seriously at all, but please know that all I intended to do was to share my impressions in a way that might just add something of value to the forum, and not to detract from it in any way.

If I didn't like this place and didn't care about many of the people here, I certainly would not spend as much time here as I do. Think about it ... or at least take my suggestion about the image to the "Committee." If I'm wrong, so be it. That's okay. I just wanted to give you all something to think about that could actually bring in more business and more participation.

Sincerely,
Sheila

:cool:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lawpsych

Gee, Nameslave,

I wasn't trying to suggest that there needs to be any particular number of female members to JUSTIFY a female committee member.

In addition to domain resellers, there are a lot of domain BUYERS out there. Some might just end up here thinking that this might be a place to buy a domain name.

It just seems to be a good business practice to try to be as inclusive as possible with regard to consumers if one has a product to sell. This forum has several products to sell ... memberships, domain names, software, and a whole lot more.

If, indeed, the management is going to put as much effort into marketing as has been stated (and from the looks of the new auction site, has already begun to do - bravo!!!), I think it's only sensible to be a little more sensitive to a group that is about 50% of the total population. Now, I realize that women do not make up 50% of the Internet population as of yet, but do you know who is responsible for handling the finances in lots of families? Believe it or not, it is the women who do so.

Frankly, I doubt that most all-male committees would choose to have ANY female members. I just can't see you all being as comfortable being yourselves, letting your hair down, feeling as free to talk, etc., if there were a woman on your committee. I don't have a problem with that. It's your party and you can enjoy it in any way that you wish.

When the smoke clears, however, give a little thought to my suggestion about including some images SOMEWHERE on this site that include women, and I don't mean the types of images that belong on adult web sites. You may just find that doing so could lead to opening new markets you had not even considered earlier.

Whether it matters to you or not, the very first thing I noticed on the day I entered this forum after the change in ownership, was the new DNForum banner that immediately struck me as a huge picture of an Anthony Robbins look-alike doing business on his cell phone. A lot is conveyed through images, and what that image did for me was to convey an image that did NOT include women as even being important enough to be noticed.

Remember that these comments are being shared by one of this forum's biggest fans, and not by an adversary of any kind. You certainly do not have to take my comments seriously at all, but please know that all I intended to do was to share my impressions in a way that might just add something of value to the forum, and not to detract from it in any way.

If I didn't like this place and didn't care about many of the people here, I certainly would not spend as much time here as I do. Think about it ... or at least take my suggestion about the image to the "Committee." If I'm wrong, so be it. That's okay. I just wanted to give you all something to think about that could actually bring in more business and more participation.

Sincerely,
Sheila

:cool:
Wow, Sheila ... you know what? I really appreciate your taking time to compile your thoughts on this, and I can assure you that they will be taken seriously.

Actually, this is EXACTLY the kind of different opinion that we do not have any problem with: reasonable argument put forward in an organized and courteous manner.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with NameSlave. Those were some well-thought-out and well-written posts, Sheila. Excellent Job!

BTW, I am glad you like old greenie on the left:D. Think you could hug him:laugh:?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with Sheila. Let's make sure the other 50% of the human race is made to feel welcome here too.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gregr
...this is Shelia'a thread, hijacked from Ogre. Stop bloking it up....

Originally posted by DomainOgre
I agree with NameSlave. Those were some well-thought-out and well-written posts, Sheila. Excellent Job!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Dang, I didn't know izopod was a woman :eek: :eek: :eek:

:no: <<< (pretend smiley face shaking "his" head side to side!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom