Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.MOBI crashes Sedo... WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, no one's trashing you. I find your posts always to be well written, even if I don't agree with their content.

btw, couldn't mTLD come up with an extension that didn't require a pause to type? Its M - pause - O -B - (gh) I.
If you don't understand what I'm saying, look at your mobile phones and the MNO key.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, no one's trashing you. I find your posts always to be well written, even if I don't agree with their content.

btw, couldn't mTLD come up with an extension that didn't require a pause to type? Its M - pause - O -B - (gh) I.
If you don't understand what I'm saying, look at your mobile phones and the MNO key.
I can't imagine why anyone would want to make a QWERTY keyboard the same configuration and layout of the one I am typing on right now.

Okay, this is off the record.

You can contact dotMobi at:

dotMobi
11 Exchange Place
IFSC
Dublin 1
Ireland

Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 353.1.854.1100
Fax: +353.1.791.8569

For dotMobi development issues contact us at [email protected]
For Premium name issues contact us at [email protected]
For Reserved name issues contact us at [email protected]

Tell them BigBadMamaJama sent you.

They'll know who it is.

If the play dumb, the password is DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO.

I am the one that crashed sedo's servers, I am bidder 12 and 13, I am the person on the grassy knoll in Dallas, Texas December 22, 1962, and I know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

Tell them I said it is okay to make the extension easier for you to type and remember.

But please, don't give out this information to everyone.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Agreed, and four letters for mobile domains doesn't seem like the right way to go (how about a two letter tld -- or just .m). Now -- dot m -- that would have been a killer.

It's all a done deal now though.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was .mp but of course the big companies that had vested interest in getting .mobi pushed ahead of it had their way in the interest of profit..I grabbed a few amazing keywords in this ext a few years back just in case it was the one that got picked..and imo .mp would have been way better! .mp = "mobile phone"

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was .mp but of course the big companies that had vested interest in getting .mobi pushed ahead of it had their way in the interest of profit..I grabbed a few amazing keywords in this ext a few years back just in case it was the one that got picked..and imo .mp would have been way better! .mp = "mobile phone"

How dare you make a mockery of the British Parliament!

LordDingleberry.mp :lol:

Flying Dutchman

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just for the information, i have noticed that all the premium dot mobi names
in the Dutch language have been registered. Its hard to find a good one wich
is not registered.
This probably goes for any country, but I was wondering, are only the premium mobi domains in the english language that expensive. How about
French, German, Italian and so on. Have they been on an auction or just
registered by the one who was first?

I am a newbie so if its a dumb post , forget it please, just trying to learn.

Ron

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is not registered.
This probably goes for any country, but I was wondering, are only the premium mobi domains in the english language that expensive. How about

Ron
Ron, not a dumb post at all.

Many premium and reserved names are in various languages.

Find the links here for a premium list.

http://mtld.mobi/domain/premium

For reserved, including city, click here:

http://mtld.mobi/domain/reserved

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is not registered.

Ron

I think the "premiums" were all English. They must have assumed that only the Americans would be daft enough to fall for it!

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

don't know about mobi in the other languages but as far as being a newbie asking questions keep at it, that is just what you should do...glad your getting more than one side on the mobi issue in this thread...some of us want you to invest your money in extensions where WE have proven returns and we're not talking about buying our domains...hehe

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
don't know about mobi in the other languages but as far as being a newbie asking questions keep at it, that is just what you should do...glad your getting more than one side on the mobi issue in this thread. BTW some of us here want you to invest your money in extensions where WE have proven returns and we're not talking about buying our domains :)

Totally agree. Critical analysis will get you everywhere!

Flying Dutchman

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys, for the links and the info and the kind words

Ron

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we're not talking about buying our domains...hehe
Sorry, none of my .mobis are for sale. Along with very few .com or .net.

But always looking for and buying proven contenders and speculative markets.

Domaining is a speculative market.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine why anyone would want to make a QWERTY keyboard the same configuration and layout of the one I am typing on right now.

Okay, this is off the record.

You can contact dotMobi at:

dotMobi
11 Exchange Place
IFSC
Dublin 1
Ireland

Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 353.1.854.1100
Fax: +353.1.791.8569

For dotMobi development issues contact us at [email protected]
For Premium name issues contact us at [email protected]
For Reserved name issues contact us at [email protected]

Tell them BigBadMamaJama sent you.

They'll know who it is.

If the play dumb, the password is DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO.

I am the one that crashed sedo's servers, I am bidder 12 and 13, I am the person on the grassy knoll in Dallas, Texas December 22, 1962, and I know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

Tell them I said it is okay to make the extension easier for you to type and remember.

But please, don't give out this information to everyone.

Of course, as .mobi and the mobile internet becomes more popular, all phones will come bundled with a full 20 inch wireless keyboard with mouse that'll make typing so much easier.

Doc, the majority of us still have those darn old keypad type phones, the one with the 12 keys. The full fledged QWERTY keyboards are still limited to a few higher end phones.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaining is a speculative market.

Not with .com's is not...my 3 cars and $100 lobster and steak dinners every night say so..leather couch I'm sitting on and flat screen tv I'm watching as I type this on my new laptop. :cool:

..or of course I could spend alot of money on .mobi and stick my thumb in my a$$ waiting for some big company to email me and offer me money for it as the business world and others' success pass me by..so umm, thanks..but no thanks! I'll stick to buying .com's that pay for themselves and make money and have a real market on and offline. :eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like not spending all their money on unproven extensions with no real world application aside from their marketing hype? I agree!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not with .com's is not...my 3 cars and $100 lobster and steak dinners every night say so..leather couch I'm sitting on and flat screen tv I'm watching as I type this on my new laptop. :cool:

..or of course I could spend alot of money on .mobi and stick my thumb in my a$$ waiting for some big company to email me and offer me money for it as the business world and others' success pass me by..so umm, thanks..but no thanks! I'll stick to buying .com's that pay for themselves and make money and have a real market on and offline. :eek:k:
That's why I am not selling many .com, as you know.

That is also why I can afford to speculate on domains, emerging markets, stocks, and real estate.

But, as any speculation, research and education and studying markets and trends is crucial. I have done my homework. I am not only happy with the decision I made but also very confident in its success

Diversification.

Only three cars? How many glocks, biatch!

Like not spending all their money on unproven extensions with no real world application aside from their marketing hype? I agree!
Don't put that hard earned cash into speculative markets and emerging markets.

I would rather take the risk for you regarding the "no real application" of .mobi being equated to mobile connectivity. Glad to help you preserve your lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom